Chapter 47: Unexpected

"I think I might hit the hay." Y/n said with a yawn.

Y/n was currently sat on the sofa, in between Lapis, and Peridot. Pair was down in the workshop, probably creating another schematic. "Why are you going to hit hay?" Lapis asked with an eyebrow raised.

"It's a figure of speech, just means that I'm going to sleep." Y/n clarified as the Tv continued to play some random show they decided to put on.

"Sleep ... You're always sleeping!" Peridot complained.

"Humans do need their sleep." Y/n chuckled as he stood up.

"What about us? Can't you stay up?" Lapis pleaded with a slight pout because she wanted to stay with Y/n some more, and she didn't fancy being alone with Peridot, not this fast after promising to give her a chance.

"Why don't you guys try sleeping?" Y/n suggested as he looked at the two gems on the sofa.

"As nice as the last experience was, I'd much rather investigate this 'workshop' of yours." Peridot said as she stood up.

"Feel free, it's down the stairs, right at the bottom." Y/n informed, earning a nod from Peridot who began to head to the door. "Just don't break anything!"

"I won't!" Peridot shouted back as she descended the stairs.

"What about you, Lapis?" Y/n asked, turning his head to meet Lapis' gaze. "Care to try sleeping again?"

"I guess it would be nice to turn off for a bit ..." Lapis agreed.

"Great!" Y/n smiled. "You can sleep on the sofa, let me get a blanket, and some pillows for you."

Y/n walked towards a cupboard for the things he mentioned, it didn't take him long to return with a fluffy blanket, along with two big fluffy pillows.

"Here!" Y/n said as he placed the two pillows on the armrest. "So, lay back." Y/n instructed.

Lapis did so, hesitantly at first, but once she felt the soft and fluffy pillows his her back, she instantly relaxed.

"And then comes the best part!" Y/n smiled as he wrapped the blanket around Lapis, who gasped as she felt even more relaxed and safe within the fabric cocoon.

"Woah ... This feels nice ..." Lapis said, already starting to doze off.

"I bet." Y/n chuckled. "Well, I'm gonna jump into my bed now ... If you need me, I'm just over there."

Y/n smiled as he tucked Lapis in, finding it oddly cute to watch gems react to basic human things, like sleep. "Goodnight, Lapis."

Lapis felt safe here, she felt warm ... Perhaps this wasn't a bad idea after all. "Goodnight, Y/n." She smiled as her eyes began to close, taking her off into a dreamless sleep.

-----------------------

Lapis slowly opened her eyes and looked around the dark room. She then sat up and investigated the room further.

Peridot was nowhere to be seen, probably still in the workshop examining all of the weapons Y/n had at his disposal.

Lapis' eyes then wandered to Y/n's bed; he was still asleep, quietly snoring.

The blue gem sighed as she lay back down, she closed her eyes, wanting to resume her sleep.

After a few minutes of switch positions she sat up once again, something was missing. "Hmmm ..." She hummed quietly.

Last time she fell asleep, Y/n was there, coaxing her to sleep. That's it!

Lapis stood up slowly, pushing the covers away as she did. When her feet touched the cold, hard wood floor, she stood tall. Her focus was then shifted to Y/n.