Chapter 52: The Visit

Y/n walked across the pavement, holding some sort of big box. He was small, much smaller than his usual height.

Trying to look around, his body stopped him, telling him that he wasn't in control. With a mental sigh, Y/n had to sit back and watch the events unfold.

Apart from the big box Y/n was carrying, he was able to tell it was a quiet neighbourhood, although he couldn't look around too much, it was obviously a residential area.

On top of that, the sun was high in the sky, warming up the area, and giving Y/n the familiar feeling of its warmth.

"Woah!" Y/n yelped as he tripped on a rock. Luckily, he didn't fall, and managed to balance what he was holding.

The Y/n that was re-experiencing this noted that his voice was slightly higher, signalling that it was probably when he was in school, it would explain the difference in height.

"Hey! Y/n!" A familiar masculine voiced boy called out, running over to him. "I didn't think you were gonna show up!"

"David!" Y/n smiled. "Course I would! Someone has to beat you!"

"As if!" The boy names David laughed, Y/n managed to get a good look at the boy, he had blonde hair, brown eyes, and was slightly taller than Y/n, or at least, this version of Y/n. "I'm gonna win this science fair! Just you watch!"

"Oh yeah?" Y/n questioned as he saw a small box that David held. "What did you make?"

"Oh this?" David said as he held up his box, it was small, about the size of his hand. "It's some goggles that I made that have a built-in heads-up display!"

"No bad!" Y/n complimented with a gasp as the two continued walking towards a large building.

"Come on then!" David whined. "Tell me what you made!!"

Y/n hummed in a teasing manor. "Nah, I'll save the surprise." He giggled.

"That's not fair!" David pouted as the two entered the large building, it was the school the boys were going too.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see!" Y/n laughed as the two entered the gymnasium that was being prepped for the science fair that was about to take place.

The two boys separated, taking off to the tables they were assigned too. Y/n got to his and unpacked his box which contained a small robot.

He powered it on and it came to life.

"What's this, Y/n?" A female teacher came by to check on her students.

"Oh! It's a robot that I made!" Y/n smiled as he looked up to the teacher. "He has artificial intelligence, but he's not that smart, there was only so much I could do in the timeframe!"

"Wow! He's adorable!" She complimented as she got a better look at the machine. Y/n's mind looked at it too, he finally remembered the first robot he built ... It wasn't like Pair, Pair was assigned to him, but Y/n did help in advancing artificial intelligence. "What's his name?"

"Apple!" Y/n responded with a precious smile.

"Apple? ... Does it stand for something?" The teacher asked.

"No ... It was the first thing he pointed out!" Y/n told.

"How cute!" She smiled. "Good work, Y/n."

The teacher soon walked off, leaving Y/n to continue working of his project. A few seconds later though, another woman walked up to him. Y/n looked up, but this woman looked strange, she had curly brown hair with some freckles spread on her face.