Chapter 43: Super Watermelon Island

"Is this an Earthquake?" Y/n questioned as the ground began shaking, he wasn't sure if it was an Earthquake or some sort of gem related incident.

"The ground shook! This could be the start of the emergence of the Cluster." Peridot informed as she pointed to some drawings on the chalkboard. "Stage 1: slight tremors every quarter hour. Stage 2: full-scale earthquakes. Stage 3: The Earth is destroyed! We're running out of time. We need to drill right now!"

"No, it's Malachite!" Steven claimed, coming out from the barn with sweat pouring down his chubby face.

"Malachite!?" Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl questioned.

"Ain't she supposed to be at the bottom of the sea?" Y/n asked as he stood next to Pearl.

"I was on Mask Island. I was in a Watermelon Steven. They have a lovely community, but Malachite, she was there!" Steven worried.

"Lapis Lazuli is losing control. Soon, Jasper will overpower her, and Malachite will be loose." Garnet informed.

"Who knows what sort of destruction an unstable fusion like Malachite could cause?" Pearl fretted at the damage she would bring about.

"What's the plan then?" Y/n asked, cracking his knuckles.

"Alright, Gems. Pearl, Amethyst, Y/n, and I will warp to Mask Island. Steven, it's too dangerous for you. Stay here and watch after the drill with Peridot." Garnet laid the plan out, earning a hum from the rest.

"Understood, let me get my armour." Y/n said running over to the barn and opening the door. "Pair, let's get to work!"

"Garnet, are you sure Y/n should be coming with us?" Pearl asked, concerned for her human 'friend'.

"Yes, he will be helpful in fighting Malachite." Garnet responded, giving Pearl a nod.

Not longer after, Y/n returned from within the barn, adorned in his familiar armour. The helmet still had a crack in its visor, from when he had fell back to Earth within the ship.

"So, should we get going?" Y/n asked as he held his 50. Calibre rifle in his hand as well as Pair already attached to his back, beeping happily.

"Yes, let's go gems!" Garnet told, pointing to the warp pad. "To the nearest warp pad!"

"To the nearest warp pad!" Pearl and Amethyst yelled as they followed Garnet to the warp.

Y/n looked over at Steven, who promptly shrugged at their antics. "To the nearest warp pad." He said with a chuckle, quickly following after them.

Y/n soon joined the gems on the warp pad, the bright blue light was quick to engulf them with a familiar chime alongside it.

"I guess you guys are gonna fuse?" Y/n asked as they all travelled through the warp stream.

"Yes, together we should be enough to take her down." Garnet told.

"Absolutely! Our teamwork will always prevail!" Pearl smiled.

"Right, I'll stay low, try and distract her if I can." Y/n nodded.

The warp stream soon landed them on a tropical island, a tremor shook the place, and was extremely potent, signalling that they were close.

"This way!" Garnet told, taking the lead in the direction of a beach with the others following behind very closely.

The group arrived at the beach, getting to see Malachite still struggling to break her water chains.

"Alright. Lets put an end to this!" Garnet told, causing the three gems to start dancing. Y/n was quick to move out the way, giving them room to dance.