Chapter 59: Unique

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Y/n told as he walked down the steps of the lighthouse to the front door, someone was being impatient and kept on knocking.

Soon, Y/n opened the door, and saw Pearl standing there with a smile on her face. "Oh! Y/n! I didn't think you'd be up this early." Pearl admitted, believing that Peridot or Lapis would open the door.

"Yep, well, here I am." Y/n laughed a bit. "What did you need?"

"Erm ... Well ..." Pearl shifted a bit. "Could we take a walk around town? Seeing that you're already dressed?"

"Yeah, alright." Y/n nodded, slightly surprised at Pearl's sudden appearance. "Let's go."

"Oh! Right now ...?" Pearl questioned.

"Yeah?" Y/n tilted his head a bit. "You just said I was dressed, I thought you meant go out now."

"O-of course!" Pearl blushed. "Let's go!"

"After you, my lady." Y/n teased as he closed the door behind him.

Pearl giggled as she offered her hand to Y/n. "If Lapis can hold your hand ... So can I!" She teased.

Y/n chuckled as he accepted Pearl's hand, and intertwined his fingers with hers. "Heh ... So did you have anywhere specific in mind?" Y/n asked as the two began descending down the hill.

"Not really, just a pleasant walk between two good friends." Pearl commented with a smile.

"Sounds nice." Y/n nodded, returning the smile.

The walked in silence for a moment as they headed to the beach. Once their feet touched the familiar golden sand, Pearl was the one to restart the conversation. "Has Steven ever told you about Rose?" She asked.

"Kinda?" Y/n admitted. "Everyone has told me pieces, I mean, you told me the entire story of the rebellion ... But I still don't have a clear picture of Rose."

"I guess that was my fault." Pearl told with a dry chuckle.

"Not really, Rose has been a sore subject for everyone to be fair, that's why I never brought it up." Y/n reassured.

"Looks like no would be a better time than ever to tell you about Rose ... And who she was." Pearl told, taking a second to look out into the ocean that they lived it. "She was unique ... Easily excited, lovable ..."

Pearl laughed at bit, obviously reminiscing on the good ol' days. "She definitely seemed special ... Starting a rebellion against the diamonds?" Y/n said.

"Oh yes, she was quite determined, especially after seeing that life on this planet was different ..." Pearl told. "That humanity was special."

"I suppose we would be in the eyes of gems." Y/n nodded. "An organic race that was just as intelligent as gems, who would've thought?"

"It is remarkable how humanity has advanced since the rebellion ..." Pearl admitted. "I was never fond of humans ... I always thought they were simple-minded, instinctual."

Y/n and Pearl found themselves near the end of the boardwalk, and to make the walk interesting, Y/n turned them in the direction of town. "Am I any different?" Y/n asked as they walked past the fry shop.

"At first ..." Pearl fidgeted. "I thought you were like any other human ... But after spending so much time with you, I realised that you're different ... That humanity is different to what I originally thought."

"Yep, but in all fairness, this humanity is different to mine." Y/n told as the two arrived at the small park at the centre of beach city, it had the statue of Mayor Dewey in the middle. "Well ... Kind of? I don't know, it's hard to explain."