Chapter 92: Green Bean

Y/n exited the warp stream which had kindly taken him to the barn. He had decided to visit two friends that were patiently waiting for him.

Immediately, he noticed a big difference to the barn, while the structure itself hadn't changed, it was the surrounding area that had. The farm was coming along nicely, it seemed that the Rubies were keeping it in tip-top shape.

Of course, they added a bunch of flowers, it made the countryside brighter due to the different colours that surrounded the red barn.

"Wow, they really did some work ..." Y/n said as he walked towards the barn, glancing in every direction to admire the work they put into the place,

"Y/N!!" A Ruby shouted with glee, "WE THOUGHT YOU DISAPPEARED!"

Y/n chuckled as the Ruby, dubbed Doc, tackled him into a hug, "Sorry, I've just been pretty busy helping the gems out,"

"DID YOU SAY Y/N?!" The other Ruby, dubbed Lucy, shouted in surprise, "Y/N!!"

Lucy had appeared from the barn once she heard the commotion, "Lucy! It's good to see you guys again," Y/n smiled as the second Ruby tackled him into a hug, this time, Y/n was brought down by the cute monsters, "I love what you guys did with the place!"

"We took advice from you!" Lucy smiled, she seemed more confident about herself,

"Yeah! We wanted to impress you ..." Doc told as the three of them sat up, and were now sat on the grass in front of the barn,

"Well, you guys sure have!" Y/n said, "It looks really good here!"

Y/n stood up and dusted his legs up, quickly helping both Doc and Lucy to their feet, "What happened to that Homeworld ship that came?" Doc asked, "We protected the humans, but when the others came back, they said you were busy,"

Lucy nodded, "Yeah!"

Y/n hummed, "Well, an Aquamarine was sent to collect some humans for the zoo ..." He explained, "Steven tried to sacrifice himself to save Lars and everyone else, but I managed to sneak onboard the ship,"

"What happened after that?" Lucy asked,

"I was taken to Homeworld, and got separated from Steven and Lars," Y/n said as he scratched his chin, "I managed to meet up with a really nice Sapphire and she helped me find Steven and Lars, who found some Off colours,"

Y/n chuckled and then said, "Long story short, we escaped with some other gems,"

"Woah! That's what they get for messing with the sun goddess!" Doc cheered,

"Yeah! Y/n's so strong!" Lucy added,

Y/n rubbed the back of his head, "You guys are too kind," He laughed,

Doc then remembered something as she clicked her fingers, "Ah! I remember what I wanted to ask!" Doc proclaimed, "Could we visit your 'lighthouse'?"

Y/n gave a sly smile, "I would like to, but ... Lapis may have taken it,"

"Taken it?" Lucy questioned,

"Yeah, she was scared, she decided to ... Runaway, but she'll be back, she has to," Y/n told,

"Wait, and she just took you 'lighthouse'?" Doc prodded,

Y/n nodded, "Yep, Peridot is just as devastated,"

"You can stay here with us!" Doc cheered,

Y/n chuckled, "I wouldn't mind that for a few nights,"

------

Y/n warped into the beach house, having visited Doc and lucy for a good few hours. "Hello, Y/n," Garnet said calmly, "How were the two Rubies?"

Y/n hummed as he stepped off the warp pad, "They were fine, I told them what happened and stuff," He said, looking over to Garnet who was sitting on the sofa.