Chapter 81: Upgrades

"Y/n!!" Leggy cheered as she ran over to Y/n, locking his legs into a tight hug. "You're here!"

"That I am," Y/n smiled, patting Leggy's square hair. "Where's Doc?"

Leggy separated from the hug, looking around. The duo was currently standing outside the front of the barn, Y/n having just walked past the impressive farm that had been created. "Erm ... She should be ... Somewhere here?" Leggy responded, unsure.

"Doc!" Y/n called out.

The gem in question immediately ran through the doors of the barn. "Y/n!" She cheered, running towards the two.

Doc was wearing a short skirt with a white top while her usual suspenders went over it. This was similar to Leggy, who also changed her appearance, but opted for some simple shorts with one of Y/n's old, long-sleeve shirts.

Doc charged into the two of them, causing the three to go tumbling onto the ground. "Where have you been! We've been missing you!" Doc complained, but still locked Y/n into a hug.

"Sorry ... I've been pretty busy!" Y/n apologised, feeling guilty for not visiting them often. "You too seem to have been busy, helping Peridot, and Lapis with the farm."

"Of course! We helped plant some ... 'Seeeeeds'." Doc said, separating with a wide smile. "We also do the guarding!"

"Nice!" Y/n smiled. "Also, you two are looking extremely cute today ... Where did you get those clothes from?"

The two Rubies blushed at the compliment. "Lapis found us some! But most of the clothes we wear are yours!" Leggy informed with an adorable, honest smile.

"Well, they suit you very perfectly!" Y/n smiled, patting the two on the heads.

"Would you like us to show you around?" Doc asked, holding a confident pose. "We've made some hehe ... Improvements!"

"Course!" Y/n smiled again but was quickly reminded of something he wanted to ask. "Before you show me around, do you guys wanna keep the nicknames, or pick some new ones?"

Leggy was the first to answer. "I'd ... Like to have a new one!" She smiled.

"Hmm ... I quite like the sound of Doc ... I think I'll keep it!" Doc proclaimed.

Y/n nodded. "Well, Leggy, I was thinking of the name 'Lucy'."

Leggy hummed, clearing thinking of the name in her head. "Lucy ..." She repeated. "I love it!"

Y/n smiled. "Lucy it is then,"

Lucy smiled. "Lucy ... Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!" She repeated a few times.

"Shall we start with the tour?" Doc asked as she adjusted the iconic shades that she still wore.

"Of course! I can't wait to see what you've done with the place!" Y/n smiled as he offered his hands to the two Rubies, allowing them both to hold one.

"Onward!" Doc cheered as she and Lucy held onto one of Y/n's hands.

"Where should we start?" Lucy questioned, always the one to be confused.

"How about our living quarters!" Doc pointed towards the barn, deciding to be the one leading.

Doc started dragging the other two into the barn which Y/n immediately noticed had been ... Refurbished.

On both sides of the barn, there were two beds, or at least, improvised beds. These obviously belonged to Lucy and Doc, with one side being decorated with various fighting posters and comics while the other side was more decorated with colourful flowers.