Chapter 75: My Holiness

Warning: Strong words used in this Chapter

------

"My clarity, should we go see our diamond now?" Holly said as Sapphire formed some pieces of ice around her dress.

"O-of course ..." Sapphire stuttered dusted off her dress, making sure to hide the evidence of ice. As she did, Ruby, Doc, and Leggy got into a line behind her.

"My Holiness? Would you be attending?" Holly bowed again, making sure the diamond salute was visible.

"Unfortunately, I will not." Y/n told, shaking his head. "Please, inform Blue of my presence, but I will not be staying here much longer, I have matters to attend to."

Y/n cringed internally at the way he was talking, but just sucked it up, trying to play the part. "Of course my holiness." Holly nodded. "It was such an honour to bask in your radiance!"

Holly turned and looked at Sapphire, clearing her throat. "Oh, yes." Sapphire said. "It was an honour." She bowed, the three rubies forming the salute while Pearl bowed.

"Likewise." Y/n nodded as he watched the group walk away.

Y/n turned and headed back in the direction he came. The place he wanted to go was the shrine they had entered early; he had allowed the group to leave so soon because it was a painful to stare at a religious statue of his dead wife.

The shrine wasn't far, and once he arrived, luckily the door was left open, allowing him easy access to the religious chamber.

"What makes us so special ..." Y/n asked himself as he looked around the room, various pieces of art depicting either him, or his wife.

Y/n went over and removed the Moon Goddess statue from its pedestal, making sure to do the same with the Sun Goddess one. He looked at them, truly lost on what to think, but still managed to find something funny. "I wonder what Katherine would think ..." He chuckled to himself.

Pair beeped, worried for the human, but Y/n spoke up. "Pair, I just don't know to be honest ..." He admitted. "First it was difficult accepting that she was dead, but now? She's now seen as a Goddess? We're seen as Goddesses? Can you explain?"

The robot that was attached to his suit beeped again, expressing sympathy, but offered no explanation as he had no idea either, the timeline jump was obviously much more complex than previously theorised.

Y/n was taken out of his thoughts and Pairs ideas as the motion tracker on his HUD showed four dots approaching the shrine.

Y/n kept a hold of the statues, deciding not to use any of his weaponry ... if he could help it. "What seems to be the problem?" Y/n asked as he exited the room to see four Amethysts sneaking up.

"N-n-not at all my holiness!" One of the Amethyst Guards said, saluting which prompted the others to salute.

Y/n looked at each of their gems and then remembered Amethyst. "Where's the Amethyst that came in with the Sapphire?" Y/n said, hoping Amethyst was okay.

"You mean 8XM?" Another Amethyst Guard spoke up. "Yeah, she's fine ..."

"Take me too her." Y/n ordered, still holding onto the two statues.

"Er ... O-of course!" The same Amethyst Guard spoke up. "Follow us!"

Y/n nodded, following the four Amethyst Guards as they turned in the opposite direction. They lead Y/n through the repeated pink hallways, until they approached a purple door.

One of the Amethyst stepped forward, opening the door. The four Guards stepped aside and saluted, allowing Y/n unhindered access.

Y/n entered and was surprised to see even more Amethyst Guards, a few Jaspers, and even a few Carnelians. "Y/n!" One of the smaller Amethysts shouted before running up to the metal man, and hugging him.