Chapter 48: Rose's Secrets

"Steven, why do you see if the others are back." Y/n said as him, Steven, Peridot, and Lapis sat on the sofa, watching Under The Knife on the Tv.

"Aw man ... Do I have too?" Steven pouted.

"I'll make you more pancakes if you do." Y/n bargained, causing Steven to gasp.

"YEAH!" Steven cheered as he stood up.

"Wait!" Peridot yelled as she stopped Steven from going to the door. "I'll come with you!"

"Okay!" Steven smiled, not really questioning it.

"What are you going for, Peridot?" Y/n asked, just wondering.

"I will return to the barn, and collect the most important items!" Peridot proclaimed as she jumped off the sofa, running over to Steven.

"Well, enjoy!" Y/n chuckled, already knowing what the green gem was going to get. "Try not to bring too much back!"

"Can do!" Peridot waved as Steven and her went down the stairs.

The room was quiet as Lapis and Y/n sat on the sofa together, the only things that broke the silence was Under The Knife and the sound of the door closing, obviously that was Steven and Peridot leaving.

"Oh! That reminds me ... My armour is still at the barn ..." Y/n told to no one in particular.

Lapis still listened though. "We can go get it ... If you want." She said.

"Nah, it'll be fine ..." Y/n smiled over to Lapis, who was on the other end of the sofa. "Why are you all the way over there?"

"Oh ... It's because Steven, and Peridot were sat between us ... And I ..." Lapis explained, flustered all of a sudden.

Y/n didn't say a word and simply moved closer to the blue gem. "There!" He smiled. "Is there anything you'd like to watch?"

"Hmm ..." Lapis hummed, trying to keep her blush under control due to Y/n's sudden choice to move next to her. "Is there anything without humans bleeding?"

"I'm sure I can find us something." Y/n smiled, taking the Tv remote, and started searching through the guide, looking for something that might interest the blue gem.

After a few minutes of scrolling, Y/n found something that Lapis could be interested in. "Huh, Camp Pining Hearts ... You might like this." Y/n said as he pressed play.

'Previously on Camp Pining Hearts ...'

----------------

The door could be heard opening from downstairs. "It's probably the others, I should brief them on what happened." Y/n told as he stood up.

"Do ... I have to come?" Lapis asked, not really wanting to interact with the Crystal Gems much.

"Of course not!" Y/n reassured. "You don't need to talk to them if you don't want too, but trust me when I say they're good people."

Lapis nodded, she did trust him, but she wasn't comfortable talking with them yet, especially Pearl. "Thank you." She smiled.

"Hey, don't worry about it!" Y/n patted her on the shoulder, but then picked up the remote as advertisements started to play. "You're in luck, two more episodes of Camp Pining Hearts are on."

Lapis didn't respond, but simply nodded at Y/n. The human placed down the Tv remote on the sofa beside Lapis. "If you need anything, just give me a call!" Y/n smiled again, causing the blue gem to blush slightly at how much Y/n cares about her.

"I-I will!" Lapis smiled back.

Y/n walked around the sofa and headed towards the door. "I'll be back in a bit." He informed, opening the door, and walking down the stairs.