Chapter 25: Explaining

"So ... Who's asking the questions?" Y/n asked as he sat on the sofa while the gems, and Steven inspected his weapons that were on the table.

During the explosion, Y/n had lost track of his rifle, but managed to find it under some rubble, however, it was in need of repairs.

"Oh, Y/n! Me! Me!" Steven excitedly called out, raising his hand up.

"Yes, Steven?" Y/n chuckled at his excited behaviour.

"How do these work exactly?" Steven asked, pointing to the three ballistic weapons that were on the table.

"Well ... to put simply, they shoot pointed lead bullets at various speeds depending on the gun ..." Y/n started, and then picked up the damaged 50. Cal rifle. "Even though its damaged, this shoots bullets up to 856 meters per second." Y/n told, earning a shocked gasp from Pearl.

"No wonder they're so effective ... even against Jasper ..." Pearl told, remembering the bullet holes that were seen on the Quartz's chest. "But ... I don't remember humans having such powerful weaponry."

"Well ... That's because this humanity doesn't." Y/n informed.

"What do you mean 'this humanity'?" Garnet asked, standing close by.

"I'm from a different timeline from what I can tell. I was sent on a mission to destroy some experimental device, and the explosives I rigged caused it to overload, sending me to this weird place." Y/n summarised how he arrived.

"How can you be so sure? Perhaps you're from the future?" Pearl tried offering a different explanation.

"Nope, I've looked at the history of this humanity, and its pretty different ... especially since 'Gems' didn't exist in my timeline either." Y/n rebutted, leaving Pearl speechless.

"That makes a lot of sense actually." Garnet commented, earning strange looks from the rest.

"How come, Garnet?" Amethyst asked, taking a seat on the sofa as Steven stayed standing.

"I can't predict Y/n's future." Garnet told, making the gems gasp. "If what he says is true, that would explain why, he wasn't born in our timeline, making his future unpredictable."

"Even so that doesn't explain this weaponry." Pearl said, gesturing to the guns that casually rested against the table.

"Why not? When I was last in that timeline it was 2260." Y/n said.

"What was it like?" Amethyst questioned.

"Futuristic is the best word to use ... Humanity is a spacefaring civilisation, arguably equal to Homeworld from what I can tell with that spaceship they sent." Y/n replied, earning another gasp from the gems.

"That's awesome!! That must mean you have some other crazy space gadgets!" Steven said, getting really excited.

"I do have someone for you to meet." Y/n smiled, standing up, and turning around.

The gems watched as a small ball-like object separated from the back of Y/n's armour. It soon rolled onto the floor, sprouting 8 legs, and 1 blue eye as it beeped happily.

"This is Pair. He helps me on missions, and keeping my suit in shape." Y/n told as Pair crawled over to the middle of the room, giving the gems a better look.

"Oh, my Gosh! He's a funk master!" Steven cheered, patting the droid on the head.

"What is he exactly?" Pearl asked, inspecting the little robot. "He's like one of Peridot's machines."

"Well ... he's much smarter than on of those things. He's a Personal Artificial Intelligence and Reconnaissance drone, or Pair for short." Y/n explained as Pair beeped.