Chapter 15: Spying

"Start recording." Y/n said to Pair. He was wearing his armour, and was hidden on top of the Fry shop. The little droid attached to him beeped, starting to record what he was spying on, as well as anything he could hear.

Y/n looked at the Crystal Gems, watching them have a picnic on the beach, luckily, all of them were present, so it would prove somewhat useful in gaining any information. "This is Assassin Unit 26SA, investigating the humanoid species known as Gems." Y/n spoke, zooming his built-in camera onto the gems for a more identifiable shot.

"The gems themselves behave like regular humans. They can think, feel, and act, but they seem to have innate abilities that make them effective fighters." Y/n added as Steven had begun a conversation with the gems, the microphone managed to pick it up.

"So what's the next mission?! Is it gonna be exploring an ancient temple??" Steven cheered, excited for whatever the next mission is going to be.

"No, Steven. There has been no corrupted gem activity yet, its most likely because of Lapis. She probably scared them, after taking the ocean." Pearl theorised.

"Oh yeah ... I wonder how she's doing." Steven commented, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"We'll have to see; she's probably returning to Homeworld." Garnet stated as she sat with crossed arms, and legs.

"Homeworld?" Steven questioned, tilting his head slightly.

"Y'know, the gem Homeworld." Amethyst butted in as she reached for a sandwich.

"Wait ... Are you all from Homeworld?" Steven responded, even more confused.

"They are." Amethyst jabbed he thumb towards Garnet, and Pearl. "I was made in the Kindergarten on Earth." She added, munching on the sandwich.

"Amethyst! He's not ready to know about that yet!" Pearl complained, it fell on deaf ears as Amethyst continued to eat.

"What's a kindergarten?" Steven questioned.

"Its what gems come from." Garnet told, not going into detail on how the process works.

Pearl sighed, knowing Steven would probably ask them more questions. "They were used to create more gems like Amethyst, one of the kindergartens are nearby, but you are not allowed to go there, it is simply too dangerous for you."

"Oh ..." Steven replied, biting into the sandwich, sad that he wasn't allowed to investigate how gems are created, but also thought about what he was just told.

Y/n managed to hear all that was said, giving him plenty to ponder as well. "It seems gems are created differently to humans, whatever this 'Kindergarten' is, it would be useful to study." He told, seeing if any of the gems had anything else to say.

"Steven, we can tell you more about them later, you aren't ready to learn about these things yet." Garnet said before Steven could even ask any other questions.

"I have to agree with Garnet, once you get more adjusted to using your gem powers, we can take you to important gem locations on Earth." Pearl proclaimed, offering Steven a warm smile.

"Yeah ... Okay." Steven pouted at the fact he wasn't ready to explore more cool gem locations.

"Alright, cease recording." Y/n said, the recording shutting off after he spoke.

Y/n made his way from the top of the restaurant, and down into the alleyway between the buildings. Noticing that no one was around he started trying to come up with a plan. "Hmm, it would be extremely useful if I could find that Kindergarten ...That's going to be the challenging part, I can't just ask them to show it me if they won't even take Steven, and he's half gem." Y/n told, rambling to Pair.