Chapter 12: Mirror Gem

"Wow, these guys are pretty quick when it comes to finding the corrupted gems." Y/n told as he watched from behind a tree, seeing four familiar figures engaging a corrupted gem.

This gem was Pink in colour, it sported its gem on its navel which was also bright pink, with a few green and brown splotches. Y/n slowly moved closer, he wasn't invisible, so he had to be careful.

"Why is this one so tough!" Amethyst complained as she whipped the creature, Garnet and Pearl did what they could with Steven standing further away.

The corrupted gem was actually doing a decent job at fighting the Crystal Gems off, it seemed more durable that any of them expected, soon, the gem managed to throw the three older gems towards the trees with a massive roar, causing them to be winded.

It turned its attention towards the small fleshy boy. "H-hey ..." He stuttered. "W-we don't need to fight ... look! I'm a Rose Quartz ... just like you ..." Steven told, nervously lifting his star t-shirt to expose his bright pink gem to the monster.

The gem monster stopped and started at the half-gem, but without hesitation, it roared, causing the three fallen gems to attempt to stop the gem reaching Steven.

Each gem failed as the massive pink monster charged towards Steven, in response he summoned his trademark pink bubble.

"Steven!" Garnet shouted as she started running after the monster, wanting to stop it attacking Steven.

Before any of them could reach, Y/n had jumped in front of Steven, and used the super strength that his suit gave him to punch the corrupted gem toward the tree line. Once it was down and confused, Y/n ran up to it, finishing the job with two carefully placed shots from his 50. Cal Rifle.

The gems and Steven looked on in shock as the monster poofed from the attack, with the stranger retrieving some sort of metal ring from his pocket and placing it firmly around the gem.

Steven lowered his bubble. "Woah! That was so cool! Who're you? And how did you manage to poof that gem??" The little boy asked with Stars in his eyes as he placed both of his hands on his cheeks, walking towards the stranger.

Steven was stopped in his tracks by Garnet, who still had her gauntlets on. Pearl and Amethyst soon joined them with their weapons at the ready, wanting to confront this 'metal man'.

"Hand over the gem!" Pearl demanded as the three of them stood in front of Steven, making sure he was protected if things went down.

Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst slowly started walking towards the stranger, they needed to bubble the corrupted gem, to contain it.

The mysterious stranger pocketed the gem, turning to look at the three gems. Similar to last time they saw him, he said something, just above a whisper, and before they could decipher what he said, he disappeared.

"What the – Come on! Not again!" Amethyst whined, looked around her to check he wasn't sneaking up.

"Guys? Who was that?" Steven questioned as the three gems let out groans of frustration, dissipating their weapons.

"That ... thing saved Amethyst from a corrupted gem not too long ago, but ... it didn't keep the gem last time ..." Pearl told, seemingly deep in thought, trying to figure out what it could be, and what its goal is.

Steven looked to Garnet for some insight but was met with a blank stare from behind her signature shades.

"Gems." She said, seemingly being brought back to life. "Whoever this is, we need to be careful, keep an eye out, it seems to lurk around here." Garnet told, adjusting her shades to see if the future would prove helpful, alas, it did not, earning a sigh from the gem leader.