Chapter 80: Hangover Help

"Amethyst! Be quiet!" A voice whisper complained, stirring Y/n from his sleep.

"Look, Pearl! Now you're waking him up!" A voice responded in a teasing manner.

Y/n groaned, bringing his hand to his eyes, and rubbing them as he sat up. "Y/n!" A hyper little boy cheered. "You're awake!"

"Shhh ..." Y/n shushed, placing a hand on Steven's head as if he was an alarm clock. "Indoor voice please."

"Sorry ..." Steven whispered. "But what happened? Garnet brought you in really late at night!"

The aforementioned gem entered through the screen door. "Oh, good morning Y/n." She smiled. "You don't look so well."

"Yeah ..." Y/n trailed off, feeling like he was about to vomit. "Steven, could you get me a measuring jug or something?"

"Sure!" Steven smiled, not bothering to question why.

Pearl and Amethyst approached Y/n at the sofa as Steven ran to the kitchen, Garnet joined the other gems allowing them to sit on the sofa next to the human. "What's wrong, Y/n?" Pearl asked. "Are you coming down with something?"

"Yeah, dude! You look like you're gonna throw up!" Amethyst asked from the side of Y/n, with Pearl sat the other side, and Garnet next to her.

Steven quickly rushed back before Y/n could respond, holding a jug in his hand. "Here you go!" He smiled happily as he handed Y/n the jug. "What did you need it for anyway?"

Y/n smiled as he took the jug from Steven. He didn't respond but proceeded to throw up into the jug, filling it about 1/3 of the way.

Pearl immediately jumped out of her seat. "ARE YOU DYING?!?" She exclaimed. "WHY ARE YOU THROWING UP?!?"

"Pearl, relax ..." Y/n groaned as he spat into the jug. "Just got a hangover ... That's all."

"What's a hangover?" Amethyst asked as Pearl relaxed slightly.

"It's when your body starts to recover from ingesting large amounts of alcohol," Y/n explained, throwing up a bit more into the jug.

"Alcohol," Garnet repeated. "You said that to me last night, what is it?"

"I ... Spoke to you last night?" Y/n questioned, and then it dawned on him. "Oh wow ... I just realised I'm here instead of the lighthouse ..."

"I carried you back." Garnet deadpanned as she leaned back into the sofa.

"I didn't do anything weird ... Did I?" Y/n asked carefully.

Garnet hummed. "Other than giving me a hug and start crying, no." She admitted, but then realised her question went unanswered. "You said you drank a lot of alcohol, what is it?"

"It's ... This drink that humans 'consume' to get intoxicated," Y/n informed.

"Why would humans be willing to get intoxicated?" Pearl asked, having calmed down. "Sounds rather dangerous ..."

"Well, it's pretty key to do in moderation," Y/n told, wiping his mouth. "But as to why we do it ... It's just something fun to do I guess ... Never had to think about why I do it before."

"You got any more of this alcohol?" Amethyst nudged.

"Nah, me and Greg drank it all ..." Y/n rubbed his neck with his free hand.

"Dad got drunk too?" Steven questioned. "Is he okay?"

Y/n shrugged. "Probably, but he passed out sooner than I did."

"I guess I should check on him ..." Steven mumbled.

"That would be best." Garnet nodded, adjusting her shades.