Chapter 94: A productive, yet quiet, day

Y/n walked through the pink dimension that resided inside of Lion's mane. It was strange how such a place could exist, especially now he could access it.

The human was wearing his armour, Pair was attached to the back. He was currently heading towards the tree that had popped up next to Lion's, which Steven has named Lars.

"Sometimes I miss being in here ..." A usual feminine voice sighed, causing Y/n to look to Lion's tree Island, "It's so peaceful,"

Y/n stopped in his tracks to appreciate the view, "I can agree to that, would be better if I didn't need my armour though ..." He commented as there was no Oxygen in this environment so Humans couldn't survive.

Rose giggled, but that giggling soon died down as she looked over to the island that had been created thanks to Steven, "Oh my poor boy ... I didn't want anything like this to happen," Rose said,

Y/n continued to stand his place among the pink fields, "Neither did I, but it's a good thing that Steven managed to save him,"

Rose sighed, she wanted Steven to live a life without conflict, but that's the only thing he's seen, "After everything that boy has been through ... He must hate me,"

Y/n shook his head, "Of course he doesn't hate you, he's just confused how he should feel," He explained,

Rose nodded, "I suppose you're right," She hummed, "I worry for him,"

"That's a Mothers intuition," Y/n commented as he started moving towards the other exit portal, "Don't worry, I'll look after him,"

Rose smiled as Y/n began to exit through the portal, "I know you will,"

As the light began to fade, Y/n started to appear from Lars' hair, "WAHh!" Lars panicked, quickly holding to his head to the ground to make it easier for Y/n to exit, "You guys really need to warn me somehow!" The pink human exclaimed,

Y/n managed to stand up, "Sorry about that, but it's just me this time," He said as he looked around, seeing the usual off-colours busying themselves with Ship maintenance.

Lars scratched the back of his neck, "What's up anyway? And where's Steven?" The human asked as he sat himself back down into the Captain's chair.

Y/n hummed, "He is talking with Peridot, she's still upset after the whole thing with Lapis," He said, still sad about it himself.

"Oh right ... I remember you and steven mentioning that," Lars said, "Anyway, everything is pretty quiet with us, so it's not going to be very interesting while you're here,"

Y/n took his helmet off and smiled, "It's okay, I've just here to look at that ship the two piloted a while ago ..." He jabbed his thumb in the direction of the stairs, "I looked at it before, but I wanted to just take another look at it,"

Lars nodded, "Sure that's cool," He said, "Pretty odd the ship uses gears ..."

Lars may not be the smarted person in the world, or in space, but he did find it strange that the Gems are creating spaceships that use the human gear system.

"Well, let me know if anything interesting happens," Y/n said, turning to the stairs,

"No worries," Lars gave a thumbs up, even though Y/n couldn't see it,

Y/n hummed to himself as he descended the stairs of the very green spaceship. Fluorite was busy looking at the engine, ensuring it was in working order.

After walking past the large gem-fusion, Y/n walked a bit further down, finding the hangar that held one fighter.

"Alright, Pair, scan this for me," Y/n said as he put his helmet back on to make the scanning easier.