Chapter 76: Heart to Heart

"Oh ... My Y/n ..." Rose said, stroking Y/n's hair as he started to open his eyes. "Is everything alright?"

Y/n became fully conscious within Rose's grasp, his head resting against her chest. "Wha? Rose?" Y/n said, separating slightly so he could rub his eyes. "Oh ... I guess I fell asleep ..."

Y/n looked around, only to see the familiar pink landscape that he was normally taken too while he slept. "Yes, it seems a lot happened yesterday, hmm?" Rose said, continuing to stroke Y/n's hair.

Y/n sighed. "Yeah ... I don't even know anymore ..." He said, his head drifted downwards. "Did you know my dead wife was the Moon Goddess? Or – or how I'm reveared as the Sun Goddess??"

It was Rose's turn to sigh. "Y/n ... When I was fighting against Homeworld, the religious Icons I once meditated under were long gone from my mind ..." She explained. "But now all the pieces have been connected, I must admit, this is just as confusing to me as it is to you."

Y/n grumbled. "B-but ... What am I supposed to do now?" He exclaimed. "I'm literally a deity to Homeworld for crying out loud!"

"Perhaps ..." Rose started. "You could use this to your advantage?"

Y/n shifted slightly. "How so?" He asked, even though he knew of ways he could use his new found status, there was something irking his mind. "Before, Garnet said loyalty to the Goddesses is optional ... The diamonds focus more on loyalty to them above all else? ... Or something like that."

"That is true ..." Rose nodded. "But you managed to command Holly with ease, just think of what else you could do, if the time comes ..."

Rose pulled Y/n into a hug, rubbing his back to comfort him. "I guess ..." He sighed. "I just ... I don't know anymore ..."

"You don't have to know, Y/n." Rose reassured. "We don't expect you to know everything, or how to feel ... We just want you, to be you."

Y/n didn't respond, he simply held onto Rose, feeling safe, and protect within the embrace with the large pink woman. "Y/n, I think you would benefit from talking to Greg." Rose said, causing Y/n to raise an eyebrow when he looked up at the pink haired woman.

"Why?" Y/n asked.

"Well ..." Rose giggled slightly. "I think it would help if you ... Broadened your horizons."

Y/n tilted his head at what she said. "I ... Still don't get what you mean." He said.

Rose hummed. "I'm sure Greg would help you meet the right person ..." She said.

Y/n eyes widened for a moment. "Wait! You're seriously asking me to ask Greg to be my wingman?!" He said with surprise and confusion. "Why would I? Wouldn't that be like ... Wrong?"

"What's wrong with it, Y/n?" Rose asked. "I understand that you still feel some sort of obligation to Katherine, that's only natural, but ... It's not such a bad idea for you to go back out into the world? I believe that is what Katherine would want after all."

"But ..." Y/n's response died on arrival, he didn't have anything to say, other than he felt uncomfortable about the idea.

"Y/n, I don't expect you to find someone you love overnight." Rose reassured, deep down, she knew the gems all had feelings for him, this was a way of seeing if he truly wanted to be in a relationship. "All I ask is you try and meet someone for one date, then you can decide for yourself if you're ready to love again."

"Is that what you want for Greg too?" Y/n asked, wondering if she would be happy for Greg to move on.

"Of course, I wouldn't hold it against him if he chose to move on." Rose said. "It is only natural for humans to change and move on."