Chapter 58: The Pet Project

"I'm sure you're wondering why I gathered you all here." Y/n told as he leaned up against the kitchen island with Pair on the table next to him, inside the Beach House.

All the gems were sat on the sofa, somehow, while Greg, and Steven stood near the side of it. "Question." Greg raised his hand like it was a school lesson. "Why am I here?"

"Well, you have all of my money, so I'll need you to buy some stuff that we need." Y/n explained, earning a quiet 'alright' from Greg. "Anyway, I designed some blue prints for a project I'll need assistance on, Peridot already looked over the design, and was kind enough to add a few improvements to the design."

"Yes, the blue prints were exceptionally well designed!" Peridot complimented.

"What kind of project are we talking about?" Garnet asked as she adjusted her shades.

"If you guys are kind enough to help; I plan on building a bunker for us as well as the town." Y/n told, earning a gasp from Pearl.

"A bunker?!" Pearl yelped. "Do you know how long that would take to build?"

"That's why I called you all here." Y/n nodded, not really surprised at Pearl's question. "If we combine our efforts, we'll easily be able to build the bunker!"

"It's not a bad idea ..." Steven agreed. "But what would each of us do?"

"We wouldn't have to work on it constantly, I plan on hiring a construction crew once the main part is done." Y/n said, easing Pearl, and Garnet slightly. "That's where Lapis would come in, if you don't mind, I'd like you to use your amazing water powers to terraform the ground."

Lapis blushed at the compliment. "Yeah, I think I can do that." She nodded.

"Great!" Y/n smiled. "Look, we won't do much, once Lapis has terraformed the ground so we have different underground rooms, the rest of us will place supports so it won't collapse."

"Oh boy ... I'm starting to see why I was invited ..." Greg rubbed the back of his head in uncertainty.

"I'm sure we can handle it, Greg." Garnet reassured with her stoic voice as he two halves thought about the project Y/n had put forward. "Okay ... I like it, but we still have missions that need to be put first."

"Of course, that's why I'm gonna hire a construction crew once the supports are in place, it means we don't have to do any actual building." Y/n reassured as he understood how important missions were. "But I'll probably continue to work on it."

"This is cool n' all, but how do you expect to fit in the entire town?" Amethyst told with some reasonable scepticism.

"Alright, this is the general outline of it." Y/n told as he picked up some papers that sat on the table next to Pair, he walked over to the table that was in front of all the gems, and unrolled them, showing off the complex idea. "Peridot, would you like to help me explain?"

Peridot gasped, and then started giggling as Y/n allowed her to show off some more. "Of course." She said as she composed herself after everyone was looking at her. "The entrance to the bunker will consist of a small building, and two large gates behind it." She explained, pointing to the part of the papers that showed the top.

"The building will have a reception, a staircase, and an elevator." Peridot informed.

"And the two gates?" Garnet questioned.

"Ah! Those will be an entrance, and exit for vehicles." Peridot told with a smile.

"Whew ... Least I can keep my home safe." Greg joked with a nervous chuckle.