Chapter 11: Its only a dream

Y/n found himself in a metal hallway that was illuminated by the various ceiling lights. He looked around, trying to figure out where he was, it seemed so familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

Soon Y/n glanced out the window that was nearby, seeing that he was no longer on Earth, but rather he was travelling the black void that is space. Staring through the window long enough, he saw his reflection, he was wearing his armour, but this time around it seemed more eerie.

"Y/n L/n to the Bridge. I repeat, Y/n L/n to the Bridge." A voice over the intercom said, causing Y/n to begin walking towards the bridge.

Y/n's body seemingly acted on its own accord, it was strange, his mind knew where he was going, but at the same time it didn't.

After what felt like hours, Y/n arrived at the bridge, opening the reinforced metal doors to be met with the busy interior of the room. The crew was scrambling back and forth, trying to make sense out of something that Y/n couldn't figure out.

Before he was allowed to study the interior, the Captain called out to him. "Y/n, finally, report." The Captain asked as he stood there, looking over Y/n.

Y/n saluted. "The mission was successful, all separatist troops eliminated." The words came out of Y/n's mouth, lacking any signs of emotion. It surprised Y/n as he tried speaking more, but found himself unable to.

"Good work soldier. Get something to eat and report back here for another assignment." The Captain said, nodding to Y/n as he pulls out a cigar, and lights it.

"Yes sir!" Y/n responded robotically, turning around he headed back in the direction he came from. Y/n didn't feel like he was truly present, it was as if everything around him was a blur.

Nothing seemed to stand out to Y/n as he walked the familiar surroundings, people passed him by, but he paid no thought to them as he found himself inside of a mess hall.

Y/n walked through the mess hall, heading to the very front where the food was being handed out. Everyone that was eating with friends suddenly became quiet as all eyes focused on him.

Y/n's armoured boots rung out with loud thuds every time he stepped, the soldiers whispered back and forth. 'Assassin', 'Brute', and 'unstable' were used by the various squads sat around the mess hall.

Soon, Y/n picked out his food, it was rather simple; one apple, some mashed potato, and some meat, he couldn't tell what type of meat, but that didn't matter.

After Y/n collected his food, he sat down at an empty table, and lifted his helmet up slightly so it rested upon the bridge of his nose.

Quiet whispers continued to be thrown about as Y/n began eating his food. He paid no mind to the weird stares he was receiving, only focusing on eating his food, and then to report back to the Captain.

"Well, well, well." A voice rang out through the mess hall as footsteps could be heard approaching Y/n from behind. "If it isn't the famed assassin ... you don't look so tough." The man said as he stood at the end of the table, and watched Y/n finish his food.

Y/n ignored him as he adjusted his helmet, stood up, collected his tray, and started walking towards the front, but was soon stopped by the man. "What's the hurry? You've got nowhere to be." The man spoke as he was determined to block Y/n's path.

This slightly annoyed Y/n, but chose to ignore him, and pushed passed so he could return the tray. The man huffed in annoyance as he moved to block Y/n path once more. "Don't ignore me, lets go a couple of rounds." He said, smirking as he pushed Y/n.

The problem was that it was very much like pushing a brick wall, it barely fazed Y/n as he stared at the man from behind his helmet.

The confidence of the aggressor faltered as Y/n shrugged off the shove. "W-well?" He stuttered as he brought his fists up, ready for a fight.