Chapter 71: Another Day

"So, what did Garnet speak to you about?" Peridot asked as they walked through beach city, aiming to reach the bunker to see how it was doing.

Y/n blushed slightly, remembering last night. "Well ... It wasn't too important, just giving me a fair warning about the Ruby Squad." He shrugged, deciding not to tell Peridot what actually happened in case it caused problems with Garnet.

"Sounds reasonable." Peridot nodded as they started the trek up a steep hill, towards the bunker. "The Rubies do have interesting personalities, but I can see some of them too stubborn to betray their diamond."

Y/n nodded as the duo approached the almost completed bunker. Ron, the human leading the construction, and the same person Y/n had spoken to before about the bunker's progress was standing looking at the blueprints one more time as the rest of the crew reinforced the 'reception' building. "Ron, how's everything going?" Y/n asked as he, and Peridot walked up the too human.

"Y/n! Green!" Ron greeted, making Y/n laugh at the nickname Ron used for Peridot. "It's all gone according to plan, the only part now is to finish reinforcing the building, and then creating a nice road to connect to the rest of Beach City."

"Excellent! The projects we can work on in the workshop will be amazing!!" Peridot said giddily, excited at the prospect to work inside an advanced workshop again.

"I'm counting on it." Y/n smiled ruffling Peridot's hair. "How's the interior of it all? Is there anything we need to do?"

"Hmmm ..." Ron thought for a moment, scratching his head underneath the yellow hat construction workers wore. "Other than some basic stuff for the rooms, and adding in the power that you wanted, everything else is fine. We managed to put everything together thanks to the blueprints you gave us."

"Nice, I'm glad it's all going well." Y/n smiled, happy with the bunker's progress. "Any idea when the road will be finished? Then we can start the next phase."

"We'll most likely be able to start working on the road today ..." Ron clicked his tongue. "So give it a few more days, and then it's all yours."

"Great!" Y/n told. "We'll leave you too it then, me, and Peridot will be in town."

Ron nodded before turning back to the bunker, allowing Peridot, and Y/n to start walking back down the hill. "Those humans have working far more quickly, and efficiently than I expected!" Peridot proclaimed with excitement.

"Yep, I'm glad it's almost done!" Y/n smiled. "This project has been the main focus to be honest." He sighed, rubbing his neck. "With Homeworld coming back and humans in danger, we need a way to reliably take care of the civilians in case something bad happens."

"That is the most logical approach." Peridot nodded. "Homeworld does not care for organic life, so would easily set its sights on humans to damage the morale of the Crystal Gems."

"Yep, but it's also a good thing that I planned it to have space for you guys too!" Y/n told, getting more excited at the idea to work inside the bunker. "It should be a safe haven for both humans and gems!"

Peridot, in turn, got even more excited. "Oh, my stars!! I can't wait to finally develop tech with you!" She giggled doing her usual dance, causing Y/n to stop and stare. Peridot noticed, blushed, and then quickly changed the subject. "Erm ... What are we going to do now?"

"I was thinking of checking back with the Ruby Squad for a bit, maybe bring them some food for them to try." Y/n told as he looked towards the big donut. "You don't have to come, don't worry."

"I will stay at the lighthouse and investigate the machine further." Peridot said, not wanting to visit the Ruby Squad.

"Fair enough." Y/n smiled as the duo started walking again. "You'll need to fill me in on that stuff."