Chapter 53: Into The Depths

The warp pad chimed, allowing a bright blue light to illuminate the small forest the warp pad was located in. Once it died down, five figures stood atop it.

"Here we are!" Pearl proudly proclaimed. "The old gem facility should be just down this trail!"

"What's up with this place anyway?" Y/n asked as Garnet was the first to step off the pad, taking the lead, and for the others to follow.

"Corrupted gems have taken shelter within it's walls, we need to go in and deal with them" Garnet told, adjusting her iconic visor. "There will be a few, so be careful."

"Sounds easy enough." Y/n nodded as the group continued on the trail, the only thing that breaks the silence is Steven's sudden urge to whistle.

"So, Y/n ... You said Lapis, and Peridot had some sort of argument?" Steven asked as he looked up to the armoured human.

"Yeah, don't really know what it's about ..." Y/n pondered as he raised his hand up to his helmet. "I think it started with Camp Pining Hearts ... And then it kinda escalated? I don't know, Peridot didn't explain much."

"They really love that show ..." Amethyst commented.

"Yes, they seem to spend countless hours watching it." Pearl nodded, cringing slightly.

"Eh, I mean, it made them friends ... Somewhat I guess." Y/n pointed out.

"Does Lapis still not like Peridot?" Steven asked with a frown.

"Kinda? I guess she doesn't like to be alone with her, but if I'm there it makes it easier for her." Y/n told, looking at the trees that surrounded the path up ahead.

"Wait." Garnet ordered, stopping in her tracks.

"What's up, G?" Amethyst said.

"We're getting close." Garnet told. "But it seems they left some surprises for us."

"Yep, boobytraps." Y/n commented, earning a snicker from Amethyst.

"Heh ... Booby." Amethyst snickered behind her hand.

"Amethyst! This is no time to get side-tracked!" Pearl chastised.

Amethyst groaned, not even bothering to respond. Garnet started leading the group once more, but at a slower pace than before.

The five of them kept an eye out for anything that looked suspicious, or anything that could hurt them.

"Hold on." Y/n said, causing everyone to stop.

Y/n then walked a few feet in front of Garnet, and then bent down, dusting off the path to reveal a pressure plate. "Looks like there's gonna be a few pressure plates."

"Well done, Y/n." Garnet said stoically, giving a thumbs up. "Let's continue off the path."

The group spread into a single file line, Garnet was at the front with Y/n, Steven, Amethyst, and Pearl following behind her. Due to the nature of the pressure plates, they walked on the grass on the right side of the path, putting them in between the path and the forest.

"Hey, Y/n?" Steven called out from behind the tall human. "How are you doing? Looking after Peridot, and Lapis would probably be challenging ..."

"I'm okay, and they aren't really a problem, especially since they have their own little room to mess with." Y/n told.

"O-oh ... But you sure you're okay?" Steven asked again.

"Yes?" Y/n responded as more of a question than an answer.

"We're here." Garnet told as the group stumbled upon a cave looking formation that rose up out of the ground, almost if it was natural.

"Remarkable, it's still beautifully preserved!" Pearl gushed as she inspected the walls of the 'cave'.