Chapter 79: Unveiling the Bunker

"Pass me that wrench, please?" Y/n asked as he was lay underneath the machine that he, Peridot, and Pair were working on.

"Of course!" Peridot nodded, handing the wrench to the human. She was sat nearby, letting Y/n finish his part before she took over.

They had agreed to switch places every 30 minutes to make it fair. Pair sat next to Peridot, observing Y/n, making sure he didn't stray from the schematic.

Y/n made a few grunts as he used the wrench to turn a bolt into place. The room they were in was actually the workshop in the bunker, grey colours were the norm. It held all of Y/n's previous machinery, in fact, almost everything from the lighthouse workshop had been moved, even the generator he had created with Peridot, but that was on the maintenance floor.

"There we are ..." Y/n hummed, finally locking the bolt in place. "Where's Lapis? She still relaxing in the garden?"

"Yes, she really likes it in there." Peridot nodded, looking at her tablet for a moment, noticing the timer was about to end.

Y/n nodded, even though Peridot couldn't really see him. He then started adding another bolt to the machine.

Lapis had tagged along with them to keep herself busy, and because she wanted to see how the bunker turned out. Her favourite place was the garden that was built into the bunker.

Even though it didn't have true sunlight, it was meant as a place to relax while stationed in the bunker, and it did that job perfectly.

Soon, a timer started ringing out. "Aha! It's my turn now!" Peridot proclaimed as she jumped up excitedly.

"Alright, alright ..." Y/n chuckled, managing to finish tightening the bolt before he got from under the machine. "I think it's almost finished now ..."

Peridot hummed, looking at the machine. "Agreed, a few minor tweaks should bring it to completion!"

Y/n looked around the room, it giving him an odd sense of pride as he looked at all the things he had created during his time here. "Well, no need to set a timer this time, I'm gonna visit Lapis."

Peridot nodded in acknowledgement. "Affirmative. When you return, this machine should be complete!"

"I'm looking forward to it Peri." Y/n smiled before he turned around and headed for the elevator.

Y/n walked over to the elevator, pressing the button to call it. He waited a few moments before the silver doors opened, allowing him access.

He stepped inside, giving Peridot one last look before pressing the button that would take him to the First floor which is hopefully where Lapis would be. The doors closed, and soon, the elevator started ascending.

Y/n hummed to himself. Once the elevator stopped, the doors opened, allowing him to step into the First Floor.

The colour scheme was exactly the same as the rest of the bunker, Grey with a few other colours mixed in. The room he had just stepped into had two hallways on either side.

On one side, the hallways lead to the School and Kitchen, while on the other side they lead to the residential area, and the park.

Y/n turned right, taking the hallway leading to the park. It was surprising that the bunker could fit so many people in, and especially be a miniature town.

Either way, Y/n walked through the hallway, finding himself at the entrance to the park. It had trees, grass, flowers, even various insects to help pollinate. The best thing was the roof, it had these panels that created artificial sunlight, making it possible to grow everything inside.