- chapter fifty one -

• Sierra

"Oh. My. Gosh." I stood there mesmerized by the Grand Canyon. It stretched for miles and miles and man, it was beautiful. "Amazing, isn't it?" Demi said, looking over the ledge we were standing on. "Definitely." For the past few weeks Demi and I have been exploring the United States. We've gone so many beautiful places and our relationship has strengthened once again. Demi sat down and dangled her feet over the edge, scooting closer to the edge. "Demi." I laughed lightly. "I don't think you should be doing that after all, you fall all the time." She glared at me." Whatever, let me live." I smiled and sat down next to her, resting my head on her shoulder. "I love you." Demi kissed my forehead, letting them longer there for a few seconds. "I love you to." I sighed happily and snuggled into her. I wouldn't want my life any other way. "Sierra, I have a question." I sat up, and looked at her. "Would it be okay if I went on tour?" My head snapped up with surprise. Out of all the questions she could ask, I wasn't expecting that. It does add up though. She's been planning to go on tour but each time she's about to go, I've caused some kind of trouble. I have been better in my recovery and she deserves to do what she loves without me interfering. I would miss her like crazy though. "I-" Demi cut me off before I could even state my thought. "Please be honest. I don't want to mess up your recovery." I sighed heavily and looked back up at her. I think I've been clean long enough that I'll be able to carry on by myself now. "Demi, I'll be fine while you're on tour. You need to go your fans have been waiting forever." Demi softly smiled and took my hand in hers. "Thank you baby girl. I love you beyond comprehension." I laughed. "Very true." She kissed my forehead and pulled me into her side. "You're the best, you know that?" A smile took over my face. "So you've told me." She rolled her eyes but a smile still played on her face. "Guess what? I have a surprise." She said. I raised an eyebrow. "Bad or good?" She smirked. "I think you'll like it. Since you've been so good in your recovery I signed you up for dance lessons with an insanely talented studio in L.A. They said they would even evaluate you for competition." I squealed like a child over candy and threw my arms around her. She will never know how much this will mean to me. I used to dance when I was younger and used it as a way to deal with pain when that was taken away from me every little bit of hope and happiness collapsed. "Demi, thank you so much! I love you!" She quickly returned the embrace and kissed my cheek. "You deserve it, baby, you've worked so hard." I smiled and curled up into her side. "I don't know how I will ever repay you." She chuckled slightly and ran her fingers through my hair. "You don't need to repay me for anything I can guarantee you that. Your happiness is more rewarding than anything." She pulled her phone out and sighed. "We should probably get going. We need to get back to L.A." I pouted but stood up anyways. Like they say, all good things come to an end. I don't know how long I will be able to survive without Demi. Speaking of which.. "Demi, when do you leave?" She shot me a weak smile. "This Monday." I have two more days and then she's gone for who knows long. I'm starting to question my decision. Can I really get through everything without her? I guess time will tell. "Oh! That's um, good. How long will you be gone for?" She slung an arm around my shoulder as we walked back to the car. "You know, if you want me to stay home I can." I shook my head rapidly. "No! Not at all. I'm just curious." She smiled at me and sighed. "A few months at least but you can still text, call, FaceTime me whenever you need me. I'm being serious Sierra, if you think you'll bother me by contacting me you're wrong. It would bother me if you didn't contact me. Even if you just want to talk or whatever don't hesitate, okay?" I fumbled with my fingers. Even though Demi always reassures me that I can always come to her I always feel like I annoy her. "Okay." I breathe out. Demi stops in her track and turns me to face her. "I'm being dead serious. If you feel the need to harm yourself, or you're having trouble eating, or if it's anything you need to call me. If you get hurt or I lose you I will never forgive myself." I stare at her eyes which seem to be glossy with tears. I know she cares about me but I just hate burdening other people with my problems. Demi doesn't need to deal with my problems, I want her to have fun. "Promise me?" She asks, searching my eyes desperately for an answer. I swallow the lump in my throat and ignore the twisted feeling in my stomach. "Promise." I state confidently though inside I feel nothing but uncertainty. She doesn't seem convinced as her face seems to drop even more. "I promise I will try." I say to reassure her and even more, myself. She weakly smiles and begins to walk again. "Good." Once we get situated, we start the long drive back to Los Angelos.

"Demi! Come on!" Max yelled just as Demi rushed down the stairs pulling two suitcases with her. "I'll help you." I said and took a suitcase from her. Demi shot me a smile. "Thanks baby." My heart feels so full when she calls me that. I hauled the heavy suitcase onto her bus and watched the chaos from the couch. Only minutes remained until Demi left me for months on end. The more I think about the more I begin to doubt if I will make it through without her. She's my rock and if she's gone, I'll fall. I never asked if I could go but I'm sure it would be better for her if I stay here. What will happen if something bad happens? What if she's across the world and can't make it? I start to feel myself get anxious and reckless so I jump up from my seat and walk outside. For the next few months the Fifth Harmony girls will rotate taking care of me. For instance, Camila gets me the first two weeks, then Dinah, then Ally, then Normani, and then Lauren. I'm nervous but at least I know I have a good time with the girls. I sat down on the ground and watched as they packed up the last few suitcases. I couldn't help the tears that gathered in my eyes. I have no idea how I'll make it through, but I'll do it. While no one was watching, Demi quickly crept over to me. I chuckled at her sneakiness. She pulled me up and led me to the side of the house so we could be alone. There were tears already streaming down her face. "Baby, I have to go but I want to talk to you. Please stay strong okay? I need you to promise me you will try your best. You can always, always get a hold of me. You've got the girls too and I know you're strong. You can do this. I love you so much." Before I knew it there were sobs racking through my body. "I-I'm sorry. I-I'm just going to m-miss you so much." I gripped onto her shirt and curled into her. Demi held me tighter if that was even possible. "I know, I know. Let it out. You'll be okay." I shook my head against her. Even though Demi was convinced I was strong, I wasn't. "I won't." Demi gently lifted my head up with two fingers. She sighed and scanned my face. "You are. I know you don't see it but you are. Everyday you wake up and fight for your recovery. Even when it's hard you still do. I see it all the time. You're a warrior." Demi wiped her thumbs under my eyes to swipe the tears away. She kissed my forehead and brought be in for another hug. Man, am I going to miss her. "I love you." I said and wrapped my arms around her. "And I am going to miss you more." I laughed lightly. "Not possible." Demi pulled away with a smile on her face. "Demi! Times up." Within an instant, her smile was replaced with a frown. "I gotta go baby, I love you so much. Remember-" I cut her off. "Don't hesitate to call you, I know, I know." She kissed my forehead. "I love you." I smiled softly. "I love you too." I watched as she sprinted to the bus and before I knew it, there she went. I took a shaky deep breath in and walked over to Camila. I don't know how I'll do this, but I will. For Demi.

Ayyy.. See I actually updated this time! Haha, anyways thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. I will continue this story. I have ideas for the story but I'm not exactly sure where it's going. I would also like to know if you want chapters like this and more frequent updates or longer chapters but more time span between updates? Let me know in the comments. (: comments always brighten my day.
Anyways, Thank you so much for reading lovelies. I love you and God bless.

Next Update - Friday
Early Update - 55 votes and 8 comments