- chapter six -

sierra's p.o.v

On the car ride home, it was silent. I focused on the Soft noise of the engine to drain out my thoughts. Therefore, today I have let yet another secret out. If Demi sees me, she will force me to eat. And trust me here, I know she will. The car parked, and I slowly got out. Even though the car ride was silent, I just wanted to be with Demi. I noticed an unfamiliar car. Nothing too fancy. Then the man stepped out of the car. It was Drew. I caught myself from gasping, but my eyes still stuck on him. I looked at Demi to see she was shooting daggers at him. I just quickly walked into the carehome before he could have the chance to talk to me. I rushed up to my room, as tears streamed down face. I didn't want to leave. At all. I locked my door once I got in. I grabbed my earbuds and plugged them into my phone, putting the music on shuffle. I grabbed my suitcase from closet and laid it on the ground, unzipping it. I emptied my drawers and threw all my clothes in, not bothering to fold them. Then I put my shoes in. I went into my bathroom and packed all the items, including my 'special' box. After I finished putting all my things in the suitcase I zipped it up and sat on the floor, throwing my head back. I didn't want to go through all of the pain again. The abusing, the sleepless nights.... I couldn't take it anymore. That's what my life has been since I was 2. Abuse. And I was sick of it. There was a loud knock on the door that startled me. I paused my music and pulled out my earbuds. "Yes? Who is it?" I asked. I was hoping it was Demi but it wasn't. "Drew." The voice called out. 'No' I thought. I hesitated, but then sighed in defeat as I lugged my suit case to the door. I unlocked and stepped back. Drew just smiled and took my suitcase. "After you, Sierra." He said in a soothing voice. It almost work, but I reminded myself, 'to not judge a book by its cover.' I smiled slightly, then walked down the stairs. Demi was at the table, her head in her hands. I looked at her sadly, and I think Drew caught on. "I'll wait in the car." He said. "But no hurry." Then he walked out the door. I quietly walked over to her and sat down. She pulled her head up. Her mascara was running down jer face, and tears were clearly evident. She tried smiling, but I just shook my head and engulfed her in a hug. "I love you so much Demi. Thanks for everything." I said, tears welling up in my eyes. She just nodded. I pulled back and looked into her eyes. "Be strong Demi. You're a beautiful warrior." She smiled a little. "And you're my beautiful little warrior." She cooed, rubbing my shoulders. Than she straightened up. "Now, please please eat for me" She pleaded. I sighed. "I don't know, Dems." Her face fell. Then she said "Then expect a visit from me at every meal." I smiled "I'd love that!" I said. She gave me a serious look. "Please?" She said. I looked down at my feet. "I-I'll think about it." She sighed in defeat. "Ugh. I'm calling you everyday." She said. Even though I dreaded saying this, I said. "I think it's time for me to go." I glanced over at the door. She pulled me in a hug. We stayed like that, not wanting to pull away. I finally pulled away. "I love you Demi." She nodded, than barely a whisper she said. "I love you too, baby girl." I said my last goodbyes to Bree and the kids and took one last look around and then I left.

Demi's p.o.v

I couldn't stand being here any longer. Memories of Sierra, clogged my brain. But I also couldn't be alone either. I was scared that if I was alone, I would slip up. And I don't want to risk that. I texted Marissa, seeing if I could come over.

Demi : Hey. Can I come over?

I said goodbye to the kids and Bree, then Max and I walked to the car. My phone buzzed, notifying me that Marissa texted me back.

Marissa : Of Course Dem! See ya soon.

I sighed. I would just go home, get in my own car, and then go over. When I got there, I thanked Max then drove over to Marissa's house.

I got out and went to her aparment. I knocked, then I heard the rythm of feet across the floor. The door opened, and I was greeted with a typical Marissa. Still in her pajamas even though it's five in the afternoon. She smiled, and gave me a big hug. "Hey Demi!" She exclaimed happily. I just replied with no emotion, "Hey." She frowned, leading me to the couch. "What's going on? What happened?" She asked. I could feel the tears coming to my eyes. "T-this guy adopted S-sierra." I said, shakily. Marissa gasped, then threw her arms around me. "Demi, I'm so so sorry." She said. Marissa knew how much Sierra meant to me. And she knew I was planning on adopting her. Oh, how that fell through. We just stayed there like that for a while. I still didn't think I was stable enough to stay by myself, so Marissa offered for me to stay here. After we had dinner, I just wanted to go to bed, so that's what I did.

Sierra's p.o.v

I had already been there for an hour, and I felt spoiled. He was showing me surprise after surprise. And I, surprisingly liked him. He wasn't screaming at me, nor abusing me. Currently, I was just chilling on the couch, scrolling through twitter when a tweet caught my eye.

@ddlovato : "Today was one of the best yet worst day I've ever had."

then there was another one.

@ddlovato :  "I love you so much, baby girl. pic.twitter/TrQuztpO28"

There she attatched a collage of her and I which brought tears to my eyes. I was startled out of my thoughts when I heard Drew scream my name. I scrambled up the stairs and to Drews room as fast as I could. I could smell the scent of alcohol. "No!" I quietly gasped. I slowly walked into his room, being greeted to a beer bottle hitting me. I shrieked and jumped. "Get back here!" He grumbled. I just gave into it. "Don't let anyone know about this!" He yelled, kicking in me in the stomach, I groaned in pain. But it still continued. After he had beated me time after time, he finally let me leave. I quickly got out of his room and into my mine. I slid against the wall, cringing at the pain. I was very tired so I decided to get ready. I grabbed my clothes, and changed into them. I looked at my body. Many fresh bruises and bloody cuts covered me. I just sighed and got into bed. My phone buzzed and I was greeted to this text by Demi. 'I'm coming to visit you tomorrow! I love you!'....