- chapter sixty -

• sierra

Have you ever experienced something that feels so unreal that you don't even feel like you're alive? Everything sounds like you're underwater.. Everything feels like you're underwater.. Like you're drowning. Every sound and word you hear doesn't fully reach your brain. As my feet carried me away out of the hospital to who knew where I was going. I had an ounce of hope left in me that Demi might 'wake up' as I stepped out of the white walled, sterilized building and into the burning sun that seemed to kill my soul even more. I felt like I wasn't alive. This isn't real, this is a pure nightmare. Nightmares aren't real. I could do this all day but the heavy feeling in my chest constantly reminds me, that this is real. This is life. Demi is dead and I am alone. My feet carried me all the way to what once was Demi's house but not anymore. Not anymore because She is dead. Demi is dead. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Blood still stained the screen as I examined it. I took the case off and grabbed the key. I shoved it in the lock and opened the door. The air felt unsettling as I walked up to my room. I swung the door open and instantly went into packing my backpack. I quit. No more orphanages, no more people, no more waiting around hoping that someone claims me as there own. No more. I shoved what I thought I would need into my backpack. I didn't dare look once more in my room. I timidly approached Demi's room and opened the door being met with the sweet scent of vanilla. I found the emergency money and shoved it in my backpack along with one of Demi's sweaters. I went to her bed stand and took the necklace she always wore in my hands. It was simple. It was silver a silver chain and it had a silver pendant of the moon. I took the necklace and put it on. With that, I grabbed my backpack and left the house not looking back. I don't know where I am going but it's away from this city. Far away. The lowly dim streets lights led me away from my past. My chest was heavy and my head was light. I'm starting over. Putting my past behind me and seeing where I end up but wherever I go it is far away from here. I will never, ever come back. After a while I came across a bus stop. There was another person sitting on the bench waiting for the bus. She had dark circles under eyes as if she hadn't slept for days. She glanced at me and furrowed her eyebrows together. "Aren't you a little young to be out here? It's two in the morning" I shrugged and kept my eyes on my feet. "Maybe." She turned to face me and I scooted further away. I wasn't really in the mood to meet new people. "Why are you out here? Don't you have a family or something?" I did. I ignored her question and kept quiet. "Fine." She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'll find out soon enough." My head snapped up. "What do you mean?" She frowned. "Well, your family or whoever it is you were with will soon notice you're gone and will call the police. You'll be all over the news in no time." I laughed bitterly. "Kind of hard for my guardian to I'm gone when they're dead." Nobody said anything after I said that. The lowly dim lights on the pretty much deserted street added to the hazy feeling in my mind. I tapped my feet against the ground and hugged my arms to myself as the silence grew to be too much. "Well, that sucks." She quietly replied breaking the silence. The bus pulled up and I stood to my feet and grabbed my backpack. The girl stretched out on the bench and pulled out a thin blanket. That makes more sense. She was homeless. "Get up." I said. She rolled her eyes and ignored me. "Fine." With that, I reached for her hand and dragged her off the park bench. She jumped to her feet and gave me a disapproving look. "You're coming with me. I have money but I have no home and I would really like a friend." She stood there for a minute but took a step towards me. "I would like one too." We both stepped onto the bus driving to who knows where. I payed the bus driver and with that we were on the journey to a new life.

.....
sorry for the late update but I was having a writers block. this is pretty short but I will try to get another update up soon. (:
p.s. I know you all hate me rn
xx