- chapter sixty two -

// sierra 

Demi sat there beside me with a soft smile with her hand on top of mine. My heart leaped with excitement and happiness. All sorts of emotions flooded into and I couldn't control the tears that started to fall from my face. "Demi." I croaked. I flung my arms around her, pressing into her as much as I could, given that I was attached to what seemed like a million machines. I nuzzled my head into the crook of her neck and I could her her steady heartbeat. I pulled back and looked into her eyes. "You're alive." Demi was crying to now but managed to force a smile. "Yeah. We are both alive." I nodded and fell back into her arms. Gosh, it felt like forever since I've seen her. Right here and right now, I realize that life should never be taken for granted. We are only given right now, this moment, and second in time and the rest is all uncertain. Never say I hate you even if you want to. Even if your heart has been beaten into shreds and you're exhausted.. Even if they have hurt you til' it feels like they have taken every part of you away and you can't seem to get to back no matter how hard you try.. Never ever say those words. Demi and I could have both died and the last moments on earth we shared together would be in anger and bitterness. I don't deserve to be alive but I certainly will do my best to not waste a second I have. "When can we go home?" The words fell out of my mouth. I have spent too much time in hospitals. Demi rubbed my back and shook her head. "I don't know sweetheart. You had a lot of damage done to you and the doctors are still concerned." When doctors are concerned that can only mean one thing... Something is wrong. "So... Something is totally messed up with me, right?" Demi shook her head. "I don't think so, they're just monitoring you. That's all." Relief swept through me. "Okay. But when we can go home-" Demi interrupted me. "We will go home. We will eat a lot, watch a bunch of movies, jam out to music, go to starbucks, dance, have Maddie and Marissa over and have a girls night, and we will smile a lot." I smiled and looked up at Demi. "That sounds really, really nice." I yawned and snuggled into Demi but instead of letting me be, she gently pried me away from her and had me lay back down on the hospital bed and seconds later she forced herself up from her wheelchair, cringing in pain and that is when I noticed something different. Her left leg was banged and and numerous staples were pierced in her skin. It looked as if calf was barely hanging onto her leg. She frowned when she saw my eyes fixated on her leg. "They might have to amputate it but they managed to save it.. For now." Demi laid down on the bed and wrapped her arm around me. "Don't worry about it okay?" She planted a kiss on my forehead and smoothed back my hair. "It will be alright, whatever happens." I nodded and closed my eyes as I began to notice how tired I really was. Sleep sounded very nice at this moment and not too long after my thoughts had slowed down, I fell asleep. 

// Demi 

It hits you hard. A lot of people think that celebrities lives are great and nothing ever bad happens. However, as I look at my beautiful, 14 year old, best friend laying beside me with cuts, scratches, and bruises all over her face, I can affirm you that at my life is not always at the greatest peak and a lot of bad things do happen. I am very grateful for my life and the fans that encourage and love me. I am grateful for everything and now I am even more grateful about just life itself. Life is short and we need to treasure it because we all know, though it's impossible to comprehend, that it will end and we will die. Heaven or Hell? That's a question that lingers in the back of our minds. We spend our lives trying to do good things and amazing things to add to our list but really, it's all up to accepting God into our lives. Life is a beautiful thing and it can be even more beautiful with God. I won't do it any longer. I will not sit around and waste my life. I will love those who have hated me, treasure those who love me, and live in kindness. Life is certainly an odd, funny, sad, and confusing thing but it is worth the ride...

// yo... I'm sorry for all the late updates but hopefully you guys like this chapter.I will try to update more but I've been really busy lately. School is crazy but I promise to try and set aside time to write for this story. I love you all so very, very much no matter what. Nothing will change my mind about that. Not one thing about any of you could change the love I have for you all. Nothing. Remember that you are loved, beautiful, and treasured and I am always here for you all. My inbox is always open.. Honestly, I would love to hear from you all. Thank you for reading and I always love reading your comments and seeing your likes.

xo