- chapter thirty nine -

• Sierra

It's only been a week since I've been here and all they've done is forced food down me and allowed me to go to the bathroom. Now what about a loving and caring facility? Guess that isn't happening here. I flipped through the pages in my magazine, drowning in boredom. They had nothing to do here and the things they did all involved social interaction and I could care less about that. I stuffed my face into my pillow and sighed loudly. What made me really upset is that Demi hasn't come to visit me any of these tiring days. Maybe this is her way of telling me I'm too hard to work with and if so I'm really not surprised. Today I was supposed to have my first 'therapy' session to apparently help my 'depression'. Did Demi even really think this through? A loud knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. "What?" I yelled, pulling my head up. "I'm your therapist and it's ten minutes after your therapy lesson! Come on already!" I dragged myself off the bed groaning in the process. I opened the door only to see the woman I dreaded and feared. For at least a minute we stood there staring at each other's face in shock. "Uh, hey." I said as cooly as I could. The woman bit her bottom lip and raised her eyebrows. "Uhh, let's go." I followed the lady down the hall and into the therapy room. The lady sat down across from me, crossing her legs. The lady looked down at the folder of what I was assuming was about me. "Sierra, right?" She pursed her lips and began to fiddle with the pen in her hands. I nodded. "Andrea." I said, pulling the name out of my head. She raised her eyebrows and shrugged. "Well, this should be interesting." I laughed lightly. "Definitely." I was amused at how well I was handlng this, considering this woman had slapped me not too long ago. "Okay, let me get this straight. I'm sorry for slapping you. I take full responsibility and as you can see I have a short patience span." Andrea blurted out. I moved my lips around, thinking of what to say. "Thanks, It's okay." Andrea smiled awkwardly and then sighed. "Sooo, what are you in here for?" Really though, why am I here? I was controlling my self harm and I was eating fine. The only thing that I was in here for was depression, which you really could just get pills for. "To be honest, I think I'm only here for depression but I'm sure Demi has other reasons." Andrea furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Demi?" I laughed nervously and looked down. Why did I always have to let things slip out of my mouth? "As In Demi Lovato?" I groaned and picked my head up. "Yes, okay? Demi Lovato adopted me." She frowned and nodded. "Not a bad person you got there." I nodded. "Anyways, so depression is it? Well then, I'll probably just subscribe you to your pills and sign you up for weekly therapy sessions." I shrugged. "Uhm, okay. Does that mean we're done for today?" I said, getting up and hoping I could get myself out of talking any further into my personal life." She waggled her finger at me. "Ah ha, no. This is a therapy session so you'll have to talk or you'll just sit here. I would say you should start talking because you'll only prolong your time here not doing so." I rolled my eyes with a huff and plopped down on the chair again. "And how is this supposed to work, two stubborn people trying to sort out problems?" She shook her head and looked down at the folder. "Whatever, sassy. Let's just get going with." I raised an eyebrow. "Did you, did you just call me sassy?" I asked, staring at her. "Yes... Anyway." She said, drawing out the yes. "Hmmm, well then, strict, let's carry on." I replied with a smirk. "Strict?! Please, I am the most carefree person in the world." I rubbed my hands together in thought of a plan. "Really? Prove it then." She narrowed her eyes and leaned across the desk. "Okay then." I nodded and frowned. We stared at each other for what felt like an hour. Andrea quickly slid back away, putting the folder away. "Well, seems like we've had enough for a day. You can leave now." Well then. "Uh, are you sure. We haven't e-" Andrea cut me off with a shush. "Let it go, just, go to your room I guess." I raised an eyebrow and I pushed myself off the chair and left the room. I was slightly confused by her attitude but I decided to let it go. I pushed my door but when I opened it I saw something I would never have expected....

Ooooh, cliffhanger. So who or what do you think it is? Let me know in the comments! Anyways, thank you guys soooo much for passing 60k reads!! You all are amazing and beautiful. Yes you, and don't shake your head at this because you're beautiful! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. Also, sorry for updating late. I'm on vacation for a week so I'm not sure if I'm going to update BUT if this chapter gets 14 comments and 60 votes before Saturday I will update just for you guys as hard as I can. (If nothing comes up) Stay Strong and God Loves You.

Next update : Tuesday, the 25th
Early update : refer in the author's note. :)