- chapter eleven -

Demi's p.o.v

I tried and tried to find out who exactly Melanie is. All I do know is that she bullies Sierra and she took it to a whole new level. I couldn't believe someone could be so cruel. I didn't want Sierra to go back upstairs by herself but she promised she wouldn't harm herself or purge. I knew this was just a short term promise. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to recovery for Sierra. I couldn't send her to treatment. That would be too hard on her. But then again, treatment normally is a successful resource. It worked for me and many other people. But I know she has no means of recovering and sees nothing in it. I just need to show her that recovery is worth it. I know she eats the food I force upon her. But that doesn't mean she's in the state of mind of recovery. And that's where she needs to be. I want her to be happy and I want her to be healthy. But it's going to take a lot more than wants. It's gonna take determination and drive. From the both of us. I could go on and on about how recovery changed my life, but I should tell her how much it can change her life. Sighing, I got up and walked back onto the main floor. This wasn't really hard, I'm just trying to find the right words. I walked up to Sierra's room and knocked on it. "Come in." She yelled back. I opened the door and walked in. Sierra looked up from her laptop and smiled. I loved it when she smiled. She shut the laptop and moved over. Once I sat down, I just started talking casually. I want to start things off smoothly. After about twenty minutes I decided it was a good time. "So Sierra. There was something I need to tell you." This time I smiled. Hopefully it would make her feel more at peace. She nodded. "Sierra. Recovery is worth it. It's worth the hard nights, it's worth the days that you feel like you could go insane." Sierra just started biting at her nails. "I know you don't like talking about this. But I want you to be happy and healthy. And I know somewhere down deep inside you, you want to be happy." Sierra's eyes started watering. "I am happy. My blade makes me happy." She whispered. I bit my lip. "Baby. That's not true happiness. And you know it." I rubbed her back. "Then what is?" She asked. "True happiness is where your eyes are full of life. It's where even if you're not having a good day, you make the best of it. It's being that you're alive another day. Not dreading it. It's knowing God, most importantly. It's walking into the school with you head held high and not letting whatever they say get to you." She looked up at me. "And how exactly do you expect me to do that? I've been stuck since 2 years ago. Do you expect me in one day to be 'happy'?" I shook my head. "No Baby, I don't. I want you to recover. But you have to be in the right state of mind." An idea popped into my head. "Come with me." I grabbed her hand and we walked out of her room.  We walked into my home gym. She looked at me confused. I pick up a weight and handed it to her. "Hold this." After two minutes her arms started to shake. "D-Demi. Can I p-put it d-down n-now?" She asked, of course I wanted to say yes, but I had to teach her my lesson. I shook my head. "Not yet." Her face was turning red and a few tears slipped out. I cringed at the sight. Her arms finally gave out and dropped the weight on the ground. Thankfully, it didn't hit her feet. She sat on the ground. I pulled a bottle of water out of the mini fridge. She quickly drank the botte of water. She was still breathing heavily. "How did it feel?" She looked at me. "Horrible." She breathed out. I nodded. "How do you feel now." I asked her. "Really good..." She trailed off. I think she got my point. "That's exactly what I'm talking about it. Be honest with me, are you really truly happy?" She looked at the ground. "I don't know." I took her hands in mine. "How about you try your very best on eating, not self harming or purging for the next week. Then see how you feel at the end of the week." Hopefully she says yes. "I don't know Demi." I sighed. "Do I still have to go to school?" She asked. "Baby.. You have to go to school." She took a deep breath. "How about I put you in a different school?" I asked hoping that would be a deal breaker. "I guess.." I grinned. "Yay!" I yelled and gave her a huge hug. "So. Is there anything you want to do?" She shrugged. "What do you mean?" I smiled. "Like shopping an amusement park, or a waterpark." I listed off. "Let's combine an amusement park with shopping." She said. "What do you mean." She smiled. "Mall of America." She joked. She was joking but that sounded really fun. "Let's do it." I said standing up. She looked at me like I was crazy. "Demi. I would love to, but don't I have school tomorrow?" We walked out of the room. "Nope. You still have Monday until you have to go back." She looked down. "Yeah well Melanie might force me again." She mumbled. I put my arm arm around her. "Don't worry about her. I'll fix that when we get back." She looked up at me. "What do you mean?" She said slowly. "I'll talk to your principal and her parents." I said. She shook her head. "Please don't." We walked into my room. "Why?" I asked as I got my MacBook out and layed down onto my bed and switched it on. "Because she'll be after me more." She said, laying down on her back. I furrowed. "You're going to a diffrent school. Speaking of which, you won't have to go to school most of the time of testing out recovery." She nodded. "But Demi. She'll do anything to get back at me, regardless if I go to a different school. She'd just ask her parents to come to my school." I sighed. "We're not going ot tell her what school you're gonna go to." She flipped over to her side. "She'll threaten. And if I don't do what she tells me to do, her threats will be carried out and her threats are horrible. Very horrible." I took her hand in mine. "You need to stand up for yourself Sie." She bit her lip. I hugged her. "Just don't worry we'll figure it out." She just nodded. "Anyway. Let's see if we can catch a plane ticket." I searched for some and found two first class ones for today that were at twelve. So we would probably get there around five or six. I booked the tickets. I switched off my macbook and Sierra and I started packing. 

// 

Sierra's p.o.v 

Demi and I already went through security and everything else that we had to do here. So currently we were just sitting, waiting for our flight to be called out. Demi put her arm around my shoulder and I leaned into her. "We are going to have so much fun!" She said with a huge smile on her face. Her smile is very contagious, so I smiled back. "We haven't had lunch yet." Demi said. I gulped. I didn't want to eat not at all. But Demi and I made a deal. "But what about our flight?" I asked, trying to find a way out. "Probably at least another twenty minutes. And no excuses." She said, standing up. I took a deep breath and we walked to a small food court. We decided on Wendys. "D-Demi can I just get a salad?" I said, gripping onto her hand. She sighed. "Alright." After we ordered we sat down. I just started at the salad. "Baby. You said you would try." She said, holding my hand. "O-Okay." After we prayed, I picked up my fork and ate it. Slowly I ate half of it. "Can I be done." I said. She sighed. "Try and eat more." She said that about ten more times until I finished the whole salad bowl. She smiled and gave me a huge hug. "I'm so proud of you baby." She said, and kissed me on the forehead. I don't know how I felt. I just didn't want to get more fat. I so badly wanted to throw this up, but I knew I couldn't. About and a half and hour we were flying. Demi and I talked for a while about random stuff. She said she was going to take a nap. I would take a nap. But the only thing on my mind was purging and cutting. I started shaking. I know if I cut or purge I'd dissapoint Demi, plus we already made a deal. I sighed. I needed Demi, but I didn't want to wake her up. But if I didn't, I was scared I would cut and purge. I mean, I know I have my blades. But I would find something. I took a deep breath and gently shook Demi. She didn't wake up, and the voices were getting louder. "Demi." I said. She turned around and opened her eyes and rubbed her eyes. Once she was seeing clear, her eyes widened. "What's wrong baby. Why are you shaking?" She pulled me onto her lap. "I feel the need to c-cut and p-purge." She nodded. "Well baby, I'm very proud of you for waking me up instead of giving in." She said. "What do I do?" I whispered. "Pray." She said. We prayed together for a little while until my body stopped shaking. I smiled. "Thank you Demi." She shook her head and smiled. "Thank God." I nodded. After saying a small prayer, Demi smiled. "I am so proud of you!" She said, giving me a hug. I hugged her back and then I plugged my headphones. I sighed and shut my eyes. And not too long after I was about to sleep then Demi pecked my forehead. "We're here." I jerked up, from my half awake - half asleep state. I stood up and grabbed my bag, following Demi. After we got our luggage, she had gotten a rental car for the time we're here. She had already booked a hotel by the mall. Once we arrived. It was about eight. We got our keys and took the elevator up to the pent house like hotel suite. She unlocked the door with the key card and opened it. I gasped. It was huge and luxurious. Demi laughed a little. "Like it?" She asked. "I love it." I smiled and her gave her a hug. "Thank you so much." I squealed. I explored the room until Demi called me over. "There's a restaurant down on the first floor. So if that's okay with you..?" She asked. I shrugged. "Sure." And with that we headed down to the restaurant. This was not going to be easy.....

//

Okay, I know I haven't updated for a while, but here we go! Thank you for reading!