- chapter fifty five -

• Sierra

After a lot of bantering back and forth of where we should eat, Demi, Alex and I settled on a small cafe just out side of L.A. I love the bright city life but hidden gems, like cute little cafes and stores are something treasured. Tranquility is something you can't take for granted in L.A. I've woken up many times in our house just by the sound of cars. Alex pulled up to the Off Street Cafe and put the car in park. He insisted he drive instead of Demi which I'm thankful for. No offense to Demi but let's be honest, she drives like a maniac who hasn't slept for a month on a sugar high. "Is this it?"Alex questioned, glancing at Demi. "Read the sign!" I whispered shouted, sarcasm layered thickly in my words. "That might help! We wanted to go to Off Street Cafe and we're at Off Street Cafe, who would've thought..!" Demi erupted into a fit of laughter but Alex sat there an unamused look on his face. "You're sassy aren't you?" Demi rapidly nods her head before I have the chance to answer. "Oh yeah she is." He smiles regardless and fixes his beanie. "Maybe I'll adapt to this sassy lifestyle." Demi hits his shoulder playfully. "Please don't, I like your intelligent, gentle, chill, and very cute may I add, self. Don't give in to sassiness, I need to protect this rare but beautiful charm and intellect you have." She giggles a little and leans over to kiss him. Demi could literally get any boy she wants when she acts like this. When she's in love there is no way she can hide it. She's so flirty with Alex. I've only been with them for an hour and I don't think I can stand this. "Demi, please stop this weird flirty thing. That was literally the most weirdest, flirtiest thing you have ever said. Ever." Alex smiles down at Demi. "It's cause she's never been so in love." Demi giggles. "That's right." I sigh in disgust as they kiss once again. "Are we going to eat or.." Demi sits back up straight and fixes her hair. "Yes, my girl. Let's go." We all make our way into the cafe and get seated almost immediately. "Speedy service. I like this place." Alex says as we begin to look at our menus. If I have to deal with his random comments all day I don't think I will survive. I can tell that when I speak to him it will mostly be in the language of sarcasm. He seems like a cool, chill guy but I can't help myself.
If he treats Demi right it'll be all good but if he makes a wrong move... Goodbye Alex. "Alex, what are you getting?" Demi asked, leaning over to look at the page his menu was flipped to. "Yep. The Carne Asada Panini. How about you?" Third wheeling is so much fun. Demi looked confused. Typical.
"The.. The what?" Alex chuckled and set his menu aside. "I'll let you try some." Demi shook her head, her gaze moving back to her menu. "Just hearing the name I don't think I will." Alex laughed slightly and sat back, folding his hands on the table. I still struggle with eating but I really don't need Alex to know that Demi has a screw up as an adopted daughter. I eventually settled on The House Salad. The waitress came and took our orders and Demi and Alex continued to talk amongst themselves. Maybe I was just jealous but I couldn't help the long to have Demi's attention. She's been gone for a while and she comes back to hang out with her boyfriend who's on tour with her for goodness sake. The only reason I've managed to hold everything inside is because I can't just do that in front of Alex. I was hoping I would be able to talk to Demi about what happened but I'm not sure I can. Not much longer the food came and we began to eat. "So, we're leaving tomorrow night right?" Alex asked Demi. What. I practically dropped my fork. I knew they were leaving but not that soon! "Yes. You and I should do something before we live L.A. Are you down for going to the beach and lunch?" Alex high-fived Demi. "Always down for that." I could barely hold the tears in anymore. I quit. All I wanted was some alone time with Demi before she leaves again but I guess she has others plans. I scraped the chair against the floor as I stood up anger fuming through me, startling Alex and Demi. I ran out of the small cafe and found a bench close to the cafe. There's no denying, I'm jealous. I do my best not to harm myself but then I also have no one to talk to. I bury my head into my hands the tears no longer able to contain. I heard footsteps running against the sidewalk and I know it's Demi. "Sierra." She breathed out as she sat down next to me. "What's wrong? Talk to me." I pull my head up, revealing my tear stained face. "Baby, what's wrong?" She says softly, pulling me closer to her. "Nothing." Demi sighed, kissing my forehead. "I know you're angry about Alex. I know I should've spent time with you and I will. I promise I will make time with you." I closed my eyes, smiling. "Demi, I love you." I could sense the smile on Demi. "And I love you more. Never ever forget that..."

|

Hellooo,
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Hopefully I continue to update more regularly. Also, I have another book in the making that I'm pretty invested in. In which Demi is a doctor & ends up adopting a patient. Is anyone interested in the story? If so, I'll put up the 1st chapter. Let me know in the comments (:
I love you all x

next update : within 1-2 weeks
early update : 40 votes & 6 comments