- chapter thirty four -

• Demi's p.o.v

"Mom?!" I said louder in attempt to get her attention. She snapped her head up. "Is she dead?!" I sobbed out. My mom was obviously in shock. "No, baby, she's alive." I took a deep breath and fell to the ground, covering my face. Happy tears streamed down my face as I hugged Marissa. "She's alive." I whispered. "I know." She whispered and held me tighter. A doctor made his way into the room, overlooking a folder. I stood up, with Marissa still supporting me. "Well..." The doctor said trailing off. "That was a very hard surgery to complete but it was very successful. Recovery will probably take at least three months." I nodded, trying to contain my happiness. "She's asleep right now and there is no telling when she will wake up. And when she does, please get us. I'll inform you on more later." He said and removed the cloth. "If you want to lay with her, only lay on her left side." He warned us. I nodded and stared at my baby girl's face. There wasn't a single scratch on her beautiful face. I slowly made my way to the left side of the bed and climbed in. I started to silently cry. I thought my baby was gone but God proved wrong. I thanked God and then took hold of one of her hands. I kissed her forehead over and over again. I smiled like a goof ball just looking at her. Words can't describe how happy I am that I have her. "I love you so much, baby girl." And at that moment, I'm almost positive she snuggled into me. "Demi?" My mom spoke up. I opened an eye. "Are you going to stay here?" I nodded. My mom came to my side and leaned over and kissed Sierra's forehead and then mine. "Is it okay if Marissa and I sleep at your house." I laughed slightly. "Totally." Marissa smiled at me. "Come here." I said and motioned for her to give me a hug. She hugged me and then softly kissed Sierra's cheek. "Goodnight, Demi." I merely nodded as sleep took over..

"Miss Lovato." Somebody said quietly. I groaned and attempted in rolling over. Man, this bed is small. "Go away." I muttered and swatted at whoever was trying to wake me up. "Miss Lovato, it's Doctor Herald." My eyes flicked open and I quickly got up. I felt color rush to my cheeks. "Erm, I'm sorry." He returned a smile. "It's All good." He removed the covers and started to inspect her side, which was currently wrapped. "Hmm.." He muttered, writing down something on his file. He then slowly unwrapped a little of it. I shuddered, that looked horrible. How could she survive that? I'm not complaining but that looks like that could've just killed her. He wrapped it back up and wrote something else down. He turned the chair to face me. "She's doing good, but you can't take her home. Not until she wakes up at least and even then she still might have to stay." I nodded. "Okay." I sighed. After the doctor left the room, I rounded the side of the hospital bed back to Sierra. I climbed into the bed, snuggling into her. "Baby, please wake up." I whispered. I kissed her forehead and held her hand and quietly hummed All I Want by Kodaline.

• Sierra's p.o.v

Pain. That is what I woke up to. An unbearable pain pierced through my side. What the heck happened?! I lifted my hands and brought them to my face, rubbing my eyes. I blinked a few times before adjusting to the light setting. I took in my surroundings and was instantly hit with confusion. Why am I here? Why is my left side wrapped up? Come on Sierra! Think! I groaned and gave up, letting my head fall onto the pillow. And most of all, when can I leave? I stared blankly at the four white walls surrounding me. I looked to the left and saw I was attached to a heart monitor. Fun. Especially when you don't know why you're here. Out of nowhere, some loud and may I add, annoying, beeping started off. The doors swung open and a doctor and a nurse appeared, staring at me. "You're awake?" The nurse whispered. I nodded slowly. "Yeah, pretty sure anyways." I squeaked out. My eyes widened at my voice. I've never sounded like that before. "How do you feel?" The doctor asked, taking out a file. "Fine, except the throbbing pain in my left side." He let out a slight chuckle and started to write something down. "I'd figure." He shot the nurse a look and nodded towards the heart monitor. The nurse went over and started to unplug me from the monitor. "Okay, well, do you remember who you are." I nodded. "Sierra Grace Munroe...?" He grimaced. "That's not a good sign." My stomach went into knots. "Why?" I asked and began to fiddle with the bracelet around my wrist. "You're Lovato now, not Munroe.. Remember?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. "It rings a bell." He nodded for me continue. I said the first that came to mind. "Demi Lovato." The doctor sat at the foot of the bed. "Do you know your relation with her?" I bit my lip as tears formed. "No." I whispered. He rubbed his face and breathed out loudly. "She's going to be crushed.." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Sorry..?" He shook his head and gave me a smile. "No, no it's.. It's going to be okay." I merely nodded and stuffed my face into the pillow. It was at the tip of my tongue but nothing seemed to click. Demi. I know who she is and I can picture who she is, but what is she to me? I sat there in silence pulling any and every thought together. "I was shot!" I blurted out. The doctor looked up at me and nodded eagerly. "By whom?" I shrugged. "Some random person I don't know." He nodded. "Who was with you." I furrowed my eyebrows together and bit at my nails. "Marissa?" I questioned. He smiled. "That's right." I ran my hand through my hair. "And I was training in Florida before that, and before that I was in L.A. with.. Um..." I shrunk into the bed. "Come on, think as hard as you can." He pleaded. I shook my head in confusion and looked down. "I don't know.. Marissa?" He shook his head and rubbed his beard in thought. He reached over to the nightstand and took my phone. He turned it on and passed me the phone and I stared at the lockscreen. It was a picture of Demi and I and she had her arms wrapped around my waist from behind me and was kissing my cheek at Disneyland. I sighed, obviously we were close. I smiled, almost eager to feel her arms around me even though I don't remember our relation. "Just send her in." I said. He nodded and within a few minutes he returned with Demi and left. Before Demi could hug me, I held her hands. "Look Demi.. I don't- I don't remember you." Her face fell and I immediately felt my heart drop. Tears began to form in my eyes. "Trust me, I- I want to.." She bit her lip and tried to hold her tears back. "Y-You don't remember me?" I looked down and shook my head. "Not really.." I murmured and dropped her hands. It was completely silent but I felt this urge to hug her. I moved over and patted the bed, signaling for her to come over. She smiled sadly and slowly sat down. I gently pushed her down and wrapped my arms around her. She lightly chuckled and wrapped her arms around my waist. We stayed like that and in that moment it was clear we had a connection.... But I still don't remember our relationship. 

Sorry for the late update! My mistake. It's also pretty short to me, but I figured it would be more important to update than how long it is. Anyways you guys passed the goal! Thank you guys so much! I love you all and you are all beautiful! Stay Strong and God loves You. 

Early Update : 9 comments and 40 votes. 
Next Update : Wednesday