- chapter fourty five -

• Demi

"Demi?" I lifted my head from my hands immediately when I heard my name. I looked over at the bed to see Sierra laying there peacefully. My heart dropped into my stomach. Maybe next time. I looked over to the door and saw Marissa standing there. She glared at me, shaking her head. "So, you opened your mouth and this happened?" I huffed at her. "Yes, okay? I made a big mistake and I feel horrible. I really don't need my friend to be on me about it." Marissa ran her fingers through her hair and sat next to me. "I'm sorry, Dems. Just sad to see her like this." I nodded and looked over at Sierra. "Me too." I whispered, fighting the tears that were threatening to spill. Marissa put her hand on my back. "Don't stress, it'll all be okay." I shook my head, resting my head on my hand. Everybody says this and I always have the same answer. "No, no it won't." She bit her lip. "Demi, of course it will! She had like what, a five percent chance of living?! And she defied that. How could she not defy this obstacle?" I don't know, how could she not? How could I not believe that my daughter was strong? Maybe I'm just trying to prepare myself if she does die. That way I wouldn't have to feel so heartbroken, empty, alone, and depressed. Maybe, because I caused this; caused her to attempt suicide because of the careless, heartless, selfish words that rolled of my tongue without a care. Maybe, because who would even want to try and wake up to see the person who destroyed. After all, she killed herself to get away from me. "Demi!" Marissa yelled, waving a hand in my face. I looked up at her face. "Mhm, what?" She calmed down and leaned back. "You spaced out. Are you okay?" Am I okay? No. But to please her I went with the cliché answer. "Yes, I'm okay." She rolled her eyes at me and sighed. "Don't do that with me. I know you to well." She gently shifted my head, forcing me to look at her. "Now, tell me how you really feel." I sighed. There is no way I'm getting out of this. "I, I feel.. Angry." I said, whispering the end. "At yourself?" I nodded. "Demi, as stupid as this sounds and I'm sure you've heard it over and over, people make mistakes-" I was about to cut her but she shushed me. "I know you're thinking, 'but who pushes their own daughter to suicide?' Especially when you two had a strong relationship but relationships have bumps. This is one of yours. When she wakes up, she's most likely not going to want to 'work' it out and it's not going to fall into 'normal' life for a while. In fact, she's probably going to hate you and shut you off for a while. But how you fix that, that's up to you. You know her better than she knows herself. You know that's she been hurt too many times to count and that she has a hard time with trust. It may be hard but it will all fall together, and it will certainly be worth it." I smiled at her as a single tear fell from my eye. "Thank you." I whispered before giving her a big hug. "Are you good?" She asked, pulling away from the hug. I chuckled. "As good as I will be for now."

Marissa had left and my family had gone to their hotel. Even though my family had insisted that I go home, I stood my ground and waited here. The doctor came in and did his usual check up on Sierra. Although it was 2 in the morning, he wasn't surprised anymore. He looked at the monitors surrounding her, jotting stuff down in his folder. "Hm.. That's.. Odd." He said to himself. "What's odd?" I asked, starting to stand up. Instead he ignored me, and hit a red button next to the bed. Well, that can't be good. "What's going on?!" I said in a panic. Soon doctors, surgeons, and nurses piled into the room, surrounding Sierra. A sob escaped my mouth. I was confused, scared, and alone. "What's happening?!" I yelled, backing into a wall. A doctor turned to me. "Ma'-" I couldn't focus on his words it all came out like a blur and I could feel myself slipping away. I screamed once before I passed out..

"Demi?" Someone said, gently shaking me. I shot up and looked around. "What am I doing here?" I bluntly asked, as I noticed I was in a hospital bed. "Where's Sierra?! What's going on!? Is she dead?!-" The nurse shushed me. "Shh, shh, it's okay. You passed out last night." I threw the covers off of me. "I don't care, I'm going to Sierra." I said. "At least get food in you." The nurse called. "Yeah, yeah." I mumbled. I walked down to the cafeteria and payed for an apple before going back to Sierra's room. I hesitated but mustered up some courage and walked in. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Another cliffhanger.. Dun, dun, dun! Maybe she's awake and maybe she's not. ;) anyways sorry for the late update again. I had a really busy weekend and I was really tired. You passed the goal again!! Ahhhhh I love you guys so much. Can we do it again? (: Also, shout out to @r3dvato who guessed right. You're really amazing and ily 💗 you all had amazing ideas though! 💗 thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Stay strong and God loves you.

Next Update : Friday
Early Update : 71 votes and 20 comments