- chapter thiry two -

• Sierra's p.o.v

I gripped onto my comforter and let out an ear piercing scream. The light flicked on and the figure stood there laughing and clutching their stomach from laughing so much. This indeed was not a creepy person trying to kill me. In fact, quite the opposite. "Madison!" I screeched. She walked over and set her bags down by the bed. "You scared me." I said slowly, narrowing my eyes at her. She smiled innocently. "I know." I groaned and shoved my face into my pillow. It's not that I don't like Madison. She's a very nice girl and she's a really good friend. She seems like a person that you could tell your deepest most darkest secret, and she would still be there for you. Not that I would tell her my deepest and darkest secret. Heck, not even Demi knows. My door swung open and Demi stepped in the room looking at Madison and I. "Is everything okay? What's going on? I heard screaming." She said in a rush with panic on her face. We both nodded. "Yeah." I said, propping myself up. Demi sat at the end of the bed, running her finger through her newly washed hair. "So what are you girls planning to do?" I looked over at Maddie and shrugged. Maddie had a smirk on her face. "Yeah. Who knows." Demi squinted her eyes at Maddie. "Mmmm. I'm sure you don't know what you're doing." Maddie just kept smirking. "I got my eyes on you both." She said before standing up. Demi glanced at us one last time before leaving. Once I heard her door shut, I looked over at Maddie. "We're doing a prank, aren't we?" I asked bluntly. Maddie smiled. "You know me to well." I sat up straighter. "Alright. What do you have?" Maddie sighed. "I don't know. I'm just trying to psych Demi out." I laughed. "Alright. Well maybe it will come to us." She nodded. Most of the night was spent blasting music and making endless videos and snapchats of us goofing around. When it hit 2:00 a.m. We decided to go to sleep. Well, Maddie did. As bad as I wanted to sleep, my body wouldn't let me sleep. Every time I started to dose off, I shook myself awake. I haven't slept for 3 days. This is killing me. Tears started to make their way out as I shoved my head into my pillow. All I wanted to do was sleep and I had no other option except Demi. It's not that I don't like Demi, I love her. I just don't want to annoy her, but she always helps me regardless if she wants to sleep. I crept out of bed and made my way to Demi's room. As I approached her door, I heard footsteps. I stopped and my heart started to beat ten times faster. I turned around and quietly walked down the stairs and listened intently. Nothing. I started back up the stairs but immediately stopped upon hearing someone whisper my name. "Sierra." I turned around slowly, seeing a silhouette. "W-Who are you and w-what do you want?" I asked. The person sighed. "I promise I won't hurt you. I here to protect you and Demi." I narrowed my eyes. "And how am I supposed to believe that?" The person sighed once again. "How do you think I got in?" That is true, Demi did change the code to the house to my birth date. I sighed. "Okay, what do you want?" The person came closer. By now I could tell it was a girl. "What you want of course." She said. "If you want to protect Demi, I suggest you come with me." I sighed. Worth a shot, right? "Fine." I whispered. "Alright, grab some clothes and your phone and let's go." I walked back up the stairs and to my room. Picking out a few outfits, I stuffed them in a bag along with a few other things. Slipping my phone into my pocket, I walked back down the stairs and followed the lady out the door. She opened the door to a black Mercedes Benz and I slipped into the seat, buckling my seat belt. She started the engine and bolted off. Seriously, this woman drove faster than Demi when she was in a hurry. Which is quite fast if you ask me. The woman removed her sunglasses and ball cap revealing dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Only belonging to, Marissa. "You're Marissa!" I exclaimed. She nodded. "Yes, yes I am. Sorry we had to meet at such a crucial moment." She stuck her hand out to shake. I slowly shook her hand. "So, can you, you know..Fill me in?" She let out a slight chuckle. "Sure. First off, Demi and you are being hunted down by your parents, whom just happen to be wanted murderers." She said. "We've been trying to catch them for a while but it seems impossible. And that's where you come in." I raised an eyebrow. "And by that you mean...?" She pursed her lips. "We'll go over that later." I nodded. "Where are we going anyways?" I asked, looking at my feet. "An agency I work for. We try and hunt down people that are murderers, thieves, and people like that. I'd say we're very successful. And very undercover." She said proudly. "Does Demi know?" I asked. She shook her head. "Nope and it's going to stay that way." She said. I nodded and shrunk into the seat. Once we finally stopped, we were at an airport. "Now where are we going?" I asked. "Same place, kiddo." She said getting out of the car. I grabbed my purse and ran after her. "Where is this agency?" She looked hesitant. "Florida." I stopped in my tracks. "Florida?!" I yelled. Marissa gave me a look. "Shhh. And yes, Florida." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Do you expect me to come with you?" She nodded. "Yes, yes I do. Now let's get moving before we're late." She said, taking my hand. I wriggled my hand out of her grip. "Demi made you seem so nice." I said through clenched teeth. Marissa sighed, rubbing her temples. "I'm not normally like this, but this is serious stuff. I'm only trying to protect you guys." She said in a softer tone. I sighed and obliged. "Fine. Let's go." We got in the airport just in time for our flight. The flight was around 6 hours but I wasn't bored. My thoughts were busy enough as they were. All I simply wanted to do was to was go to Demi and go to sleep. But now I'm on a flight to Florida, without Demi even knowing. "You should probably get some sleep, it's gonna be a long two weeks." I gulped. "Two weeks?" I whispered. She nodded. "Demi's going to be so mad at me." Marissa gently rubbed my back. "Just remember, doing this you're protecting Demi." I slumped against my chair, closing my eyes. "Great, just great." I muttered.