- chapter sixteen -

Demi's p.o.v 

I tried everything I could to gain Sierra's trust back, but nothing seems to work. I have no idea what to do and we're both exhausted from the last few days. If I even went to hug Sierra, she would shriek and run off into her room. Locking me out physically and mentally. It was a continuous battle to get through every day. I wasn't having thoughts of self harm, but all we did was go to bed early and wake up late. I called off everything, cause if I did leave, Sierra would be worse and I wouldn't be able to focus. I couldn't get her to eat, I couldn't get her to stop cutting, I couldn't get her to trust me.... Nothing. No matter what happens, I'll always love her. I just want to go back to when we could cuddle and she wouldn't be scared of me. I spoke to Melanie's parents, but they didn't care. However, I haven't spoken to Melanie yet. But she also seems like the type of girl who wouldn't be scared of anyone. I sighed, looking over at the clock. 10:30 A.M. There's nothing to do, but I might as well get up. I weakly stood up and staggered down to the kitchen. I decided on eggs and a protein shakes. I shoved the eggs around, caught up in my thoughts. After I finished my breakfast, I washed my dishes and flopped on the couch. I've sat on this couch way too much for the past days. Don't get me wrong, I love my lazy days. But I have a lot of energy inside of me that I've held inside. I have to do something. But if I leave  Sierra, she'll just be more scared. I was overwhelmed to the point of tears. No matter how much coaxing I do, Sierra will never ever trust me. Though I never did anything to break the trust, Melanie ruined it.  After debating on whether to talk to Melanie, I decided I would. I was sick of this girl ruining Sierra's life. But first, I must dress up. After all you know, it's a special occasion....

// 

I took a shower and then pulled on some black ripped skinny jeans, a black shirt, and of course a leather jacket. I blow dried my hair and then fixed my hair in soft wavy-ish curls. I thought it looked great with my ombre hair. After that, I applied foundation,blush,eye shadow,eyeliner,mascara, and a peach lipstick. And after that I topped it off by filling in my eyebrows. I smiled in the mirror, content with my look. I went into my closet and picked a pair of quite high, high heels. I slipped them on and left my room. I gently knocked on Sierra's door. No answer. I quietly opened the door. She was sleeping but what caught my eyes when I got closer, was that there were tear stains on her face. I felt so bad for her. It's like a war within herself. There's a good side and bad side. Currently the bad and deceiving side is winning. It's pulling her away from the truth so that she starts believing she can't trust anyone. The good side? I think she had that. But the bad side pulled to hard....  

// 

Sierra's p.o.v 

My eyes fluttered as the sunlight poured in. It has to be at least twelve o' clock. I rolled over, to be met face to face with Demi. She was sleeping though. I then also noticed that her arms were wrapped around me. I am so slow to things. Especially in the morning. Now, my first instinct was to scream. But if I did that then Demi would wake up and her horrible plan will launch into action. So I just stayed there. My muscles tensed and my heart rate picking up. I looked over at Demi who was dressed up for something. And her makeup was done too. I racked my brain for something she was scheduled to go to, but nothing came up. However, Demi has been really forgetful lately. it's your fault she's forgetful! You distract her. My brain screeched at me. It was true though. Demi was mumbling something but  I couldn't make it out. Something about I wish and would? I gently unwrapped myself and reached out for my phone. But before I could reach it, Demi pulled me back to her. And then nuzzled her head into my neck. It's probably just part of her plan. Get to me trust her and then ruin me. I sighed. I was torn. Every time I tried to convince myself that she's trust worthy, it always fell through. That voice just keeps telling me she's out to get me. Demi started rustling and it scared me. She's awake, She's awake, She's awake. My breathing rate pick up and slid away from he as far as possible. I slid to the ground as my body started to shake. She yawned and I could hear her rustling. "Sierra?" She said. "I know you hate me and scared of me, but please come out." She said her voice quiet. "Please." She whimpered. "Baby please. I love you so so so so much. I'm never ever gonna hurt you." It took all my might to not get up. But it didn't work. I stood up involuntarily. I mentally smacked myself. Demi just looked at me with pain and hurt in her eyes. She didn't come near me, she just sat. Look what you've done now, idiot. She's scared of you. My brain hissed at me. It pained me to look at her in pain. But something held me back. "Demi, I-I c-cant." I blurted out, without thinking about it. She nodded solemnly. "I get it." She whispered, obviously holding back tears. "I have to go somewhere, but it shouldn't take to long." She said quietly, getting of the bed. I nodded, watching her leave the room. But before she left. "Please eat." She said. And with that she left.