- chapter fourty six -

• Demi

I gasped in relief as I saw Sierra propped up against a pillow on her bed. She's awake. She didn't die. She's awake. Tears streamed down my face out of happiness. My baby girl is still here. "S-Sierra?" I squeaked out. She turned her head to me. I took a good look at her. Her face was drained of color and her eyes showed no emotion as if she were dead. "Why am I here?" She bluntly asked turning her attention to the wall. "Because you-" She cut me off. "No, I'm supposed to be dead not here." I shook my head and sat on the side of her bed. "Sierra, you are supposed to be here. There's a reason you didn't die and I'm sure of it." She scoffed. "Sure. Well, anyways, go ahead and send me to some insanity home." I sighed. I know that's not the right thing to do after all the things that had happened. "Sierra, I'm not doing that." She looked down, playing with her fingers. "Then what? What are you going to do? Send me back to the orphanage?" I gently put her hand in mine. "Never would I do that. Never. Sierra, I hate myself for what I said. I was so selfish. I won't, in a million years, expect you to forgive me but I just want to let you know I didn't mean those words. I will always love you no matter what." She didn't move her head but relaxed her hand. "Demi, I forgive you but it's not going to just magically go back to way it was." I nodded. "I know. I understand that." She sighed and let go of my hand. "Anyways, can we please get out of here." I giggled and nodded my head. "Sure. I'll go check." I got up off the hospital bed and off to the reception desk. "I'm Demi Lovato, Sierra Lovato's mom. Can I sign Sierra's discharge papers?" I asked. She pulled her folder of Sierra and read it before she gave me the papers. "Yep. Here you go. Hope Sierra feels better." I smiled. "Thank you." Finally, finally, I'll be able to take her home. For once in the past two months my house won't be eerily creepy. Finally. I finished the papers and turned them back in before getting Sierra. "Ready to go?" I asked and sat on the edge of her bed. She nodded but didn't move. I moved my hand to her face. "What's wrong? Does something hurt?" I asked, my eyebrows knitting together. She shook her head no. "No, Demi, I'm fine." She got out of the bed and sighed, picking up the pair of shoes I had set next to her bed. Once she laced them up she stood up and began to walk off. Strange, but I should probably expect that. I followed her out of the building and led her to the car. I bit my lip. I was happy but sad because she wanted nothing to do with me. I mean, I understood that perfectly, but it still made me sad. "So you hungry?" I asked, glancing across at her. "No." I nodded, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel as I drove back to our house. "Do you want or need anything?" She sighed. "No, Demi, I'm fine." She said, annoyance obvious in her tone. "Okay." I breathed out. The car was filled with silence the whole drive. Talk about awkward. We pulled into the driveway and I parked, the both of us sitting there awkwardly. I cleared my throat. "Uh, we should go in." She nodded and opened the door on her side. I picked up my purse and followed behind her. Once I unlocked the door Sierra dashed up the stairs and into her room. I would normally go up and talk to her when she did that but due to the circumstances, I should give her space.

It had been a few days since Sierra had been home, so I decided I should talk to her now. She still hasn't talked to me much except for the classic small talk but it's time we get things in order. We need to put the past behind us and focus on now. I need to get to the bottom of this. She's hiding something else and I'm sure of it. I just need to get it out of her somehow. I ran my fingers through my hair before getting up to go talk to Sierra. I took a deep breath and knocked on her door. "Sierra, we need to talk." I heard a sigh. "About?" She called back. "Lots of things." Sierra huffed and I heard her feet padding against the floor. The door unlocked and she opened it. "Come in." She said quietly and sat back down on her bed. I sat down next to her and played with her hair. "Demi, you don't need to." I smiled. "I want to." Sierra rolled her eyes but I saw a smile creep on her face. "Sierra, I'm really sorry you, you know that right?" She sighed. "I know, it's just really hard." I nodded. "I understand just making sure you know." She bit her lip. "Demi, I-I forgive you but I just can't seem to.. To trust you again." Although it was nice to know she forgave me, it was still hard to know she didn't trust me. "You hurt me." She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut. I took a shaky deep breath in as a tear broke free. "I'm so sorry baby, I really am. I wish I could go back and make things better but I can't." A few tears rolled down Sierra's cheek. I wiped them away and kissed her cheek. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. She scooted closer to me and hesitantly I wrapped my arms around her. She snuggled into me and in turn I kissed the top of her head. We didn't say anything for a while, just enjoying the presence of each other. "Sierra?" I said quietly. "Hm?" She said opening an eye. "We started still need to talk." She sighed and shifted around so we were face to face. "Be honest with me, okay?" She nodded slowly. "The words I said, was that the only reason you attempted suicide?" Sierra looked guilty and bit her lip. She looked down at her hands. "Y-Yes, why?" She said quietly. I sighed and brushed some hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. I knew she was lying. "Sierra.." I interjected. "Tell me the truth." She played with my hands. "There was.. Another reason." I nodded. "You want to tell me?" She shook her head. "No." I smiled sadly. "You know you have to." She sighed. "I can't." I took her hand in mine. "Why, baby?" She squeezed her eyes shut. "I-I j-just... I,I." Tears began streaming down here. "I-I." She began to cough. I shushed her and pulled her in close. "Baby, don't talk focus on breathing." She sobbed into my shirt and I could feel her body shake. My poor baby. "It's okay, copy my breathing. In and out. In and out." I rubbed her back soothingly and whispered in her ear until she began to calm down. She hiccuped and then cleared her throat. "S-Sorry." I put my hand on the back of her head. "No, it's okay." I kissed her head and then slowly pulled away. "You still have to tell me though." She shook her head. "I can't." I sighed and propped myself up on my elbow. "You have to baby. Would you rather write it out?" Sierra sat there for a few minutes, her eyes wandering around the room. "Fine." She whispered. I got up and kissed the top of her head and went off to get some paper and a pen. I sat back down and handed her the pen and the paper. Her hand shook as she began to write on the paper and tears rolled off her cheek, staining the paper. Through much coaxing and many tears she handed me the paper and once I saw the words, it was as if my heart had stopped..

Ooh another cliffhanger (; what could it be? Tell me what you think. Also, sorry for the late chapter I've been so tired this last week but here it is! Thank you so much for reading and I love you so much, no joke. So we weren't able to reach the goal in time but that's okay! So let's see if we can do it this time. (: Stay strong and God loves you.

Next Update : Saturday
Early Update : 70 votes and 20 comments