- chapter twenty eight -

Demi's p.o.v

Maybe I did overreact.. But who could blame me? After all Sierra's been through and how much pain she's felt. How dare she even try to make someone feel like that. I don't care if it's a stranger or a bully, how could she do that. I sighed and stretched out on the couch, letting my eyes slip close. It didn't last for long as the door was pounded on several times. I stood up and slowly approached the door. I looked out the peek-hole and saw that it was my mom. My mom? She never told me she was coming. I opened the door and if looks could kill.. I would be dead. "Car. Now." My mom said, her teeth clenched. I nodded obediently and quickly slipped my shoes. I didn't dare question my mom when she's like this. A few minutes later she walked out with a suitcase and Melanie. Melanie had the most frightened face ever. Melanie climbed into the backseat, and my mom into the front seat. She rested her head against the back of the chair and massaged her temples. "Melanie. Confess." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and turned in my seat to look at Melanie. "My parents aren't dead. They didn't get in a car accident. So I talked my mom into letting me go into that orphanage knowing that you would visit at some point. I knew you would feel bad for me and adopt me. So I took that as my chance to torture Sierra. All the texts.. Those were from me. And I faked the eating disorder and I don't actually self harm. I only did it for my plan." She said with a smirk. What the heck.. The more I let that settle in the more I was angry. "MELANIE, YOU JUST-" My mom cut me off. "Demi. No. We're swinging by the orphanage and dropping her off." I nodded and leaned against the window. It will never ever be the same again. Even if Sierra trusts me again, which I doubt will happen. I was overwhelmed with the emotions I was feeling. I didn't care who was in this car. I sobbed carelessly and loudly. I was overwhelmed to the point I couldn't breathe. My mom took hold of my hand and rubbed it soothingly. I knew she was angry at me and that I would be talking about it later. But I'm very thankful that she's still there for me. Once we had dropped Melanie off, signed the papers, and explained the whole situation to Bree. We made our way to Dinah's. As we pulled up Dinah and Sierra walked out. Sierra had dark circles under her eyes and her eyes were bloodshot. She looked so broken and to know I cause it made me very disappointed in myself. Once Dinah caught sight of me she looked at me with such disappointment. Dinah and Sierra stood there in a hug for a full on minute before Sierra climbed into the car. It was completely silent. She didn't look at me or anyone. Her eyes were trained on the floor. Sometime caught my eye. I looked at her arm and saw that her wrist was bandaged. All the way up to her elbow. I squeezed my eyes shut. It wasn't Melanie who ruined her recovery, it was me. The car ride to my moms was very silent until Sierra spoke up. "Demi?" My heart started to beat faster. "Y-Yeah?" I said, too scared too look back. "Don't cry Demi. I still love you as much as before. We all make mistakes." I simply nodded. "I love you too, baby girl." I looked over at my mom who was shaking her head in disbelief. "After all she's been through and she still loves unconditionally." She murmured. It was true. I don't know how she does it...

// Sierra's p.o.v

Once we got inside Diana's house the whole family was sitting on the couches downstairs. Dallas,Eddie, and Madison all got up and gave Demi gingerly hugs. And then they gave me hugs and Eddie, Diana, and Dallas all went back downstairs. But Madison and I went upstairs. We both sat there in silence. Nobody felt like talking and I completely understood that. And then it all erupted. There was yelling and then sobs from Demi. And more yelling and sobbing. It was very hard to listen to. I put earbuds in, trying to block out the yelling. At least an hour, the door creacked open and Demi stood there with her eyes bloodshot. Madison took that as her signal to leave. I pulled my earbuds out and patted the spot next to me. She took a deep breath and say next to me. "Look. I know I messed it up big time. I was so irresponsible. I can't believe I fell for Melanie's foolish trick. I feel terrible and stupid and horrible.... I was taking all of my responsibilities and piling them on you. Which nobody should do in any situation. Neither was I taking care of myself. I wasn't taking my medication for my bipolar disorder and I'm not blaming my disorder. It was my fault and I take full blame for it." She scrunched her eyes shut as a tear slipped out. "I don't deserve you. And to see you be so kind and loving towards me.... It amazes me. I'm so so very sorry. Words couldn't describe how sorry I am. Please, please forgive me." My lips turned up into a small smile. I reached over to her and wiped her tears away. "I forgive you." I said quietly and climbed onto her lap. Her arms naturally wrapped around me as she rested her head gently on mine. "I love you so much. You don't understand." Demi said. "I love you too mom." Her face broke out in a smile. "Are we good?" I returned her smile. "Definitely."

//

The next few hours Demi and I spent just relaxing and talking on her bed. Earlier we has been on Madison's but ended up in Demi's old room and the new guest room. I missed her so much and I'm so glad to have her back. "Baby?" Demi murmured. "Hmm?" I replied sleepily. "I think it's time for dinner." I was honestly so tired I don't think I could even try and eat. "Mom, I'm really tired." I whispered. "I know baby. But you have to eat." I sighed as I pushed the covers off of me. "Fine. But you're coming with me." Demi nodded and followed me downstairs. Diana smiled at the sight of us. We all joined hands and prayed before eating. Well, more like them eating. Demi kept giving me looks but I didn't touch my food. "Eat." Demi mouthed at me. I sighed in defeat as I pierced a green bean with my fork. Maybe it's healthy but it still has calories. I sighed and chewed it up despite my stomach pleading me not too. I didn't want to be left at the dinner table alone so I quickly finished my food just as everyone else was. Demi watched me intently and made sure I was within watching distance. This was going to be tough....

Okay, late update. Sorry guys! I know this is not long at all but it's something to hold you over until next time. I'll try and make the next one quite a bit longer. And 15k reads!!!!! Guys, y'all are amazing! Anyways thanks for reading! You're beautiful and loved! Stay strong and God loves you!

Next Update : Saturday

Early Update : 25 votes and 7 comments