- chapter twenty -

Demi's p.o.v 

I rub my eyes, as the sun started to shine through the window. Sighing, I unwrapped my arms from Sierra- Wait, a pillow? I raised my eyebrow, and looked over at the bathroom. The light was on, so I shrugged it off. But what if she's self harming? I listened more closely and heard the shower running. "Sierra?" I said loudly. "Yeah?" She replied. There was no sign of crying, or guilt or anything. Relief fled through me. "Just checking on you." I said back. I rolled over and picked up my phone and saw that my Mom and manager had called me. And my manager decided to text me ten times. I tapped on the messages and looked through what my manager had texted me. Basically, I was leaving for Australia in a few months and they finalized the dates. And now I could tweet that I was coming to Australia. As much as I was excited for Australia, I didn't really know what I was going to do with Sierra. I wanted to take her, but she had school. But hey? It would be a learning an experience right. Lots of history and landmarks. Well, now it was time to call the whole show crew. The shower died down, so I decided I would wait for her. I decided I would call my mom back while I waited. After two rings she picked up. "Hey Sweetheart! It's been a while." She said. I giggled slightly. "Sorry mom. So you called me earlier. What's up?" I heard the door open, and looked up and Sierra came out. I smiled at her, and she returned the smile. But I could tell it was forced and her eyes were bloodshot. "Mom? I'll be right back." I said and hung up. I threw the covers off of me and walked over to Sierra. "Sierra..." I murmured. She just looked everywhere but me. I went over to roll her sleeves up, but she pulled her hand out of my grip. "Sierra, let me see." I said firmly. She shook her head, and tried to run. I pulled her back and rolled her sleeve up. There laid twelve new cuts. I bit my lip and looked up at her. "Why?" I asked, looking up at Sierra. She wasn't looking at me. so I tipped her head toward me. "Sierra? Why?" I asked, looking her in the eyes. She still wasn't talking. I let go of her and walked into her bathroom, and opened the cupboard. I spotted one at the way back and pulled it out, dropping it into the toilet. "No!" She screeched, darting towards the door. I quickly flushed it. I know she's angry but I have to do this. "Sweetie, calm down." I said softly. She let out a scream. "You try and calm down when the only thing you can rely on is taken from you!" She yelled, her hands digging into her scalp. I jumped into action and removed her hands from her head and held her hands. "Let go of me!" She screamed, pulling as hard as she could. I started to lose my balance, as I was trying to keep her in my hands. Man, she's strong. I thought to myself. "Baby liste-" She let out another scream. She slowly calmed down, and I started to release my grip on her and she pulled out of my grasp and started to back away slowly. "Sierra, Let's sit down and talk this out." I said softly. She looked down at her feet and stood there. I cautiously started to wrap my arms around her back. I then picked her up and started to bridal style to her bed. I sat on the bed, her still in my arms. "Baby, what happened?" I asked quietly. She just laid there stiff in my arms. "Baby girl, please talk to me." I pleaded. It was completely silent for a while. She started to relax and then she fell asleep. I didn't know what to do. She's getting worse day by day. I could feel tears start to well up, but I didn't bother to squeeze them back. I didn't want to send her to treatment, but was that my only option now? I tried day and day, but it never helped. I looked down at my sleeping girl in my arms and I gently kissed her forehead. If I had noticed when she just started doing it, I probably could've helped her. But only noticed like to weeks ago. I hated that my baby girl hated to go through this. Thoughts started to swirl my head. What if she dies, because you're not helping her. She could kill herself because you're not with her. Like that time she was close to death, because you left all alone. A loud sob escaped me and I burst out into tears. My body shook as tears poured out of my eyes. I didn't feel the need to cut, but feeling like this was supposed to stay in the past. After several minutes passed and I started to calm down, I picked my phone up and dialed my mom back. 'Hey Demi." She said. "H-Hi." I choked out. I knew I could come to my mom no matter what. "Baby? What happened." I sighed. I didn't really know how to put this into words. "Just some stuff happened and I'm having bad thoughts." I said. I looked over at my baby peacefully sleeping. "Demi, what happened?" She asked. I opened my mouth and closed my mouth. "Sierra had a breakdown. She's like how I was in the past. She's really falling under everything. And I don't know what to do. I've tried helping her but it's not working." Sierra started to stir. I kept my eyes on Sierra as she started to talk. "Sweetheart, maybe it's time to send her to treatment." She said. My stomach twisted into knots. "She just couldn't cope there. I know she can't. Trust me." My mom sighed. "What about a counselor? Or a therapist?" I bit my lip. "She wouldn't do that either." I didn't expect what she said next. "Maybe it's you who wouldn't do that. You seem to think she can't do it, but you don't know until you try. Even if it's not her personality." I was speechless, but to think of it... It was the truth. I was the one who wanted to help her. "Thanks Mom, You're the best." I said. "No problem honey. Put it into thought. I love you baby." I smiled. "I love you to mom." She said goodbye and we hung up. Now to get to work for my tour in Australia. 

I know this is short. Sorry guys. And here it's midnight. So I didn't update on Monday, and I'm sorry about that. Thank you guys for voting and commenting. You guys passed the votes, and four comments. (two from the same person doesn't count, but thank you @chelsey_marie two comments are cool, i'm glad you like it. (: ) I'll make the next one longer! I love you and you're beautiful and loved. Never forget that! Stay Strong and God loves you!

Early Update : 5 Comments and 17 votes 
Next Update : Thursday.