- chapter twenty seven -

Demi's p.o.v

"Can I adopt you?" Her head shot up and she looked at me with a shocked expression. "Did you just..?" I nodded. She looked thoughtful at the idea. "I wouldn't mind that actually." She must have changed after I had that 'talk' with her. She wasn't arguing or fighting nor did she have an attitude. I gave a smile. "But there is one thing.. You have to treat Sierra with respect." She sighed. "I know, I know." I patted her on the back. "Good. Now, go ahead an pack up your things. I'll go sign the papers." I stood and shut the door softly behind me. I walked down the stairs and stopped over to where Sierra was. Sierra look up at me. "How did it go." I smiled. "Good. She wasn't rude at all. And I'm adopting her." Sierra nodded slowly. "Okay. Well, go on and sign the papers then." She acted totally cool with it but I could tell she was in fear. I bent down to her level and gently took her face in my hands. "Baby, don't worry. I told her she needed to treat you with respect and if she doesn't, just come to me about it." She gave the smallest nod and looked back down at her phone. I sighed and walked over to Bree's office.

//

"Well.. She's yours now." Bree said whilst stacking up the papers and putting them in a folder. I smiled. "I don't how you're gonna make it with two teen girls." She said. I laughed. "It's completely worth it." Bree looked up and smiled. "Yep." We talked for a little while before I decided it was time to leave. Bree followed me out of her office and upstairs. I knocked softly on her door. "You ready?" I heard feet across the floor. The door opened and she stood there with a suitcase. "Mhm." I took hold of the suitcase from her. "Don't worry, I'll take it." She followed us down the stairs and to where Sierra was. Still on her phone. I bent down and snatched the phone from her. Her head shot up and she folder her arms over her chest. "I was using that." I smiled. "I know. For too long." I slipped her phone into my pocket. "Come on baby, let's go." She stood up and followed us out to the car. I put Melanie's suitcase in the trunk and then we all said our goodbyes to Bree. I sat in the drivers seat, of course. Then Sierra chose the back and I wouldn't expect them to sit together. So Melanie sat in the passengers seat. It was silent, completely silent. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to get them to get along. At all. This is going to be worse then a sister kind of thing. This going to be bully and the victim kind of thing. Which will take alot of work. I looked in the rear view mirror over at Sierra. She was slumped against the door with her earbuds in. Her eyes were dull and void of emotion. But her eyebrows twitching told me she was in deep thought. Knowing Sierra, she's thinking of any possible way that Melanie could torture her. I began to doubt this decision. This could easily mess up her recovery. Or at least stall it. I can't just drop Melanie back off at the orphanage. That would be rude and disappointing to her. And that's not the type of person I am. But I didn't even think through this decision. This take alot of responsibility and time. I would consider myself a rather responsible person but I'm busy... alot. I pulled in the parking lot of subway, the girls completely oblivious. "Sierra. Melanie." No answer. I reached behind me and pulled Sierra's earbuds out gently. She quickly sat up with a confused expression. "We're at subway, baby." She pulled a disgusted look but got out anyway. Melanie then took notice of what was happening and got out. Wow, people really get pulled into phones. I'm going to have to put a time restriction on them or something. Sierra went ahead sat down so Melanie and I ordered. After our subs were made, we sat down at the table. After praying we dug into our subs. Even Sierra. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. I was so, so proud of her. "What are you smiling about?" Melanie asked. I know for sure Melanie knows about Sierra's eating disorder. But I just don't want to risk Melanie saying 'something'. "Uhh. Why aren't you smiling?" I asked as casually as possible. "Is it because Sie-" I cut her off. "Yes." She put her hands up. "Okay then." Once we finished our subs, we all headed out back to my car. Before we went home we stopped at the grocery store and picked somethings. Then we got back home and sorted out sleeping options for Melanie.