- chapter four -

sierra's p.o.v. 

I sat at the table, staring at the food in front of me. I couldn't let Demi notice, nor could I risk gaining more weight. I sighed in defeat as I picked up a piece of brocolli and slowly put it in my mouth, chewed it up and swallowed it. I hated this.  
After I had finished eating all the brocolli, I took up my spoon and took two bites of the macaroni and cheese. 'Nope' I thought. I could feel the food coming back up. I jumped up from the seat and ran to the bathroom. I was just quick enough before it all came back up. I heard feet across as I slid against the wall, waiting for my body to settle down. "Sierra!" I heard Demi gasp. I just kept my eyes shut. I opened my eyes as Demi crouched down next to me. "What happened?" She said. I looked at her and then at the toilet. She looked over and then flushed it. She furrowed her brows in concern as she looked at me again. "Oh, poor baby." She cooed as she hugged me. I pushed her off and stood up, going to the sink. I was upset. Not at her, but at myself. I can't even control it now. I didn't even force it. I mean, I was going to afterward, but still. I'm out of control. // 

Demi's p.o.v

I looked through the selection of movies. "How about this one?" Sierra said, pointing at 'Camp Rock 2' I laughed. "How about no?" She grinned innocently. We finally decided on 'Frozen' and, grabbing blankets and pillows, settled down on the couch and started watching the movie. Of course, my mind was everywhere but the movie. My mind was on one thing, and one thing only. I wanted to ask Sierra something, but was scared out of my mind. I had no idea what she would say. But, I couldn't wait longer. What if someone takes her again? I couldn't let that happen. I needed her. She was my baby. I thought and thought and thought, until I could feel myself drifting into sleep.... 

"DEMI!" I heard a voice scream. I suddenly sat up, but, also feeling the compact of water hitting my skin. I shrieked and threw the blankets off of me. "Sierra!" I yelled, running after the girl in front of me. "You're in so much trouble!" I yelled. I heard Sierra laugh. "Yeah, if you could catch me." I stopped, catching my breath. "Eh. I'll just wait." I said, flopping onto the couch. The thoughts suddenly came flooding into my brain. I groaned, throwing my head back. 'Demi, just ask!' My brain urged. I sighed, I knew it was right. It was now, or someone else might snatch her from me. I got up from the couch and found Sierra lying down on her phone. "Sierra, um..We need...To talk." I said, playing with my hands. Sierra's eyes looked up at me in horror. "A-about w-what?" She said slowly. I sat down next to her, pulling her onto my lap. Her breathing rate started picking up before she erupted into fits of sobs. She threw her arms around my neck. I was in a state of shock, before I could do anything. "P-please I-I'm so-rry! D-don't l-leave!" She sobbed. I rubbed her back, trying to help. "No no no no! Baby, I'm not leaving you! I promise!" I said, her hold relaxing, but tightening again. "N-no. Don't l-lie." I felts tears spring to my eyes. Seeing her like this hurt. "I would never ever lie to you." I whispered. Her sobs faded into crys of pain and desperation. A tear stream down my face. I hated seeing her this way. She was just so desperate. I started singing Warrior, but that made things worse. She started shaking and sobbing in my arms. "Baby, what's wrong?" She just shook her head against me. I could feel the tears seeping into my shirt, but I could care less. "How about Safe and Sound?" I asked softly. She nodded, and I softly started singing. She stopped sobbing, and then slowly stopped crying. She slowly took her arms of off my neck and pulled back. I kissed her forehead and took her hands in mine. "Baby, I won't ever leave you. Ever." She looked down at her hands. I don't blame her though. She's been through too many abusive homes. She's been betrayed and hurt. I know she loves me, but trust is a hard thing for her. I thought about the question I was planning on asking her. But I figured after all that happened, that question would be too much for this night. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, checking the time. '9:02 P.M.' it read. Ugh. She had to be in bed in an hour. "Baby?" she looked up at me. "You need to get ready for bed." She wrapped her arms around me. I could feel her breathing rate pick up. "No, no ,no, no. Baby you're okay." I said trying to think of something. Then it hit me. "I'll stay with you tonight." She looked at me, and shook her head. "I-i couldn't let you do t-that." she said, gasping for air. "Breathe in and out, baby. In and out." I smiled, stroking her hair. "And Sie, I didn't ask you." I said. A small smile appeared on her face. "O-okay." I smiled, taking her hand. "Come on, we'll go get ready." I stood up and we both walked up the stairs. I love my Sierra. 

// 

Sierra's p.o.v 

We walked into my bedroom, and Demi sat on my bed. I hated myself for this. I pretty much, in a way, forced Demi to stay with me. She has better things to do than this. I couldn't stand it anymore. I looked like an attention seeker. That's what. I couldn't just let Demi do what she wanted. Nooo, not only did I ruin my own life. I ruined others. I went to the dresser and pulled out some pajama shorts and a shirt. I walked into the bathroom shutting the door. I really didn't want to be in here. The temptaion was unbearable. I threw my clothes off and quickly put the clean clothes on. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and brushed my teeth as quick as possible. Once I was finished, I threw the door open and got in bed. Demi got up from the bed and walked to the door. My heart started pumping. I wouldn't be able to handle myself. I made to many cuts earlier, and if I did more.. I'd be in trouble. "Sie, I'm just going down to check with Bree if I can stay." She said, flashing a smile. I got out of bed. "C-can I come?" I asked, shakily. She laughed. "Of course you can baby." I walked out with Demi and to Bree's office. Demi knocked softly. "Come in." Bree asnwered. Demi and I walked in, and then Demi started talking. "Hey. Um, I was wondering if I could stay with Sierra for tonight. She had um..A Breakdown and she's not really stable." Bree stayed silent for a second. "Okay. You can, but you can not keep her awake." Demi nodded. "Okay. Demi smiled at me. "Thank you Bree!" Demi said, taking my hand. "Thank you." I muttered. We went back to my room and Demi got ready. Demi and I both were exhausted and fell asleep easily. But just when I was about to fall asleep, I heard her softly whisper, "I love you, Sierra....."