- chapter fourty nine -

• Demi

I pulled up to the rustic Spanish house Wilmer lived in. It brought back a lot of flashbacks that made me angry that I had been stupid enough to date him. It was foolish of me not to realize soon enough that he was like every other boy I had dated before. I'm almost convinced I won't ever find the boy that fits me but it takes a lot of time and a lot of heartbreak.. For me anyways. Besides, I have Sierra and a career and I don't want to waste my time dating a boy who only wants me for my money. I'd much rather spend my time with people who care about me. Maybe I'm just sour because all my friends have the perfect boyfriend and I don't, but I have Sierra and she's way more important than a boyfriend. I parked my car and took a deep breath. My hands were shaking and sweaty, my stomach had nervous butterflies, and thousands of thoughts raced through my mind but it doesn't matter. I have to do this. My shaking hands reached for the handle and I held onto it. My sweaty hands making the handle slippery. I was scared that once I got in there he was going to hurt me like he's done time after time. My hands shook more but I opened the door and stepped out. My legs shook as I walked up to the door, my anxiety rising. I can do this, it's for Sierra. I tried to reassure myself but nothing worked. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and shakily rung the doorbell. Within seconds, the door flung open and there stood Wilmer. "H-Hi." He stuttered out, gesturing for me to come in. I flashed a smile and followed him down into the living room. Once we got comfortable we began talking. "So, uh, w-what's up?" He asked, trying to play it cool. I didn't know if I should leisurely get into the conversation or just jump ahead. I decided to not beat around the bush and just go for it. "Y-You raped my daughter." I blurted out. His eyes widened but he didn't seem surprised that I would say such a thing. "W-What?! No!" He looked outraged at me and I was scared he was going to hurt me. However, I stood my ground. I was strong and I had to get this done. "Wilmer, don't lie to me. I have security cameras all around my house." He folded his arms across his chest. "That doesn't prove anything." I raised an eyebrow. "Yes, indeed it does. I watched all of them and I found the proof. You raped my daughter, no point in trying to cover it up now." I stood up and grabbed my purse. "I'm turning in the video to the police so expect a call soon." His eyes turned dark and his mouth hung open. "Demi, you're not really doing that are you?" He walked closer to me. "I mean, your last boyfriend." I nodded and I started to walk away. "Yes, I'm not just going to let this go! You raped my daughter!" His eyes glossed over and he bit his lip. He sucked in a long breath and his arms dropped to his sides. "You know what Demi? You're right. I was a stupid idiot to that to your daughter. I regret it. I don't know what got into me. So please, turn it in. I deserve eternity in jail. I guess I was just.. Just jealous of her." I set my purse back down and walked closer. "Why? Why would you be jealous of my daughter?" He pressed his lips into a thine line, his eyes locking into mine. "Because she, Sierra is a blessed girl to have you all to herself." I sighed. "Wilmer, I don't why you would what me back in the first place. You called me names, hurt me emotionally and physically, and cheated on me." Wilmer nodded and reached out for my hand. I bit my lip but allowed my hand to relax in his grasp. "I understand that and I regret that every single day. I was jealous." I gave him a confused look. "Jealous? Jealous of what?" He moved a little closer and looked at me. "I was jealous of all the boys that swarmed around you. You would smile, blow kisses.. And I don't blame you. They were the total package and I was just me. So I felt if I payed more attention to girls you would be jealous to. I thought it would fix the empty feeling in my heart but it didn't and it turned me into a monster. I'm so sorry Demi. I really am. I'll try everything I can to make it up to both you and Sierra." I was shocked that he had felt like that. "I-I don't what to say." He pulled me in closer, our lips near inches from each other. "Then don't say anything." He gently pressed his lips against mine. It felt right. I pressed mine against his and let them linger there for a second. We pulled away and a small smile took over my face. "I'll see you around Valderamma." As I turned to pick up my purse. He smiled "You too, Lovato."

"Sierra?" I called up the stairs after getting home from Wilmer's house. It definitely didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I think I saw his true colors this time. Hopefully, he wasn't just playing this off to get out of trouble. I think I was falling in love all over again. I threw my purse onto the couch and walked up the stairs to Sierra's room. I knocked on the door before walking in. Sierra was sprawled out on the bed, her hair covering her face. I chuckled and sat down on the bed and began to play with her hair. I am so darn blessed to have her in my life. I don't know what I would do without her. She rustled around in her sleep and her sleeves rolled up. I noticed several new cuts on her wrist. "Oh no." I took her tiny wrist in my hand examining the deep, red cuts. She had been clean for a few months and to her struggle again broke my heart into pieces. I don't know why she did it but I will know that soon enough. I took a deep breath and gently shook her awake. "Baby girl, wake up." I whispered in her ear. She groaned and shoved her head into her pillow. "Go away." I turned her over and placed several kisses on her face. "Demi.. Stop.." She whined and lazily pushed my face away. "Sierra, come on." I said and pulled her up by her shoulders. Her hair was all over her face and I chuckled. "Well would you look at that, my sleeping beauty." I pulled my phone out and quickly snapped a picture. "If you don't delete that, you will regret it." I kissed her cheek. "No I won't. This picture is priceless." She rolled her eyes and brushed the hair out of her face. "What do you need?" She asked, cuddling into me. "Well, we need to talk." She groaned and threw her head back. "We've had enough 'talks'." I laughed and ruffed her hair. "Well, we can hope this is the last one for a while." She nuzzled her head into my neck. "Sierra, while you were sleeping your sleeves rolled up and I noticed new cuts on your wrist." She froze against me and tried to scramble away. I pulled her back and kissed the top of her head. "Baby, I'm not mad at you." She bit her lip and her eyes avoided eye contact with me. "Sweetie, look at me." I softly said and used two fingers to direct her face towards me. "Why did you do it?" She took a deep breath and sighed. "I-I just I felt bad that I was forcing you to go talk to your ex boyfriend which I'm sure didn't end pretty. I got so anxious and stressed and I needed a release." I felt guilty now that I haven't told Sierra about Wilmer and I. I just don't think this is the right time. I pulled her closer to me. "Baby, you don't need to feel like that. I would do anything for you. Please don't do it again." She nodded against me. "I'm sorry. I'll try harder." I smiled and kissed the top of her head. "I love you so much Sierra." She looked up at me and kissed my cheek. "I love you to."

Heyyyy. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think in the comments! Comments always make me happy (: So we didn't pass the goal but that's okay there's always another time (: I really hope we can pass the goal this time. I love you all and you are all amazing! 💖 Stay strong and God loves you.

Next Update : Saturday
Early Update : 15 comments and 70 votes