Hurting Hermits: Forced Fours

Yawning, Xisuma flicks his tail, and stretches out. Rolling out of bed he stands up and wobbles slightly. Flicking his tail out for balance he takes a step forward. Falling forwards he manages to catch himself and frowns when he looks at his hands.

They look slightly different... he can't quite put a finger on it but he's positive something is different.

Padding over to his armor stand he stands up and starts getting ready. When he gets to his leg armor he frowns.

That fit right yesterday... but now it's cutting deep into his hips.

"Oh dear, this isn't good," Xisuma takes a deep breath as he takes the armor off and puts a t-shirt and sweatpants on instead.

His legs, no, his body had rearranged in shape slightly. No longer allowing for walking upright.

Sitting back on his haunches, Xisuma pulls his mask off and looks at it annoyed. Not everything's fair, dying to the void as a child had messed up his oxygen efficiency a bit. The overworld has a bit too much concentration for his liking so the mask filters some of it out. He's void kind, it's a common thing.

Standing up he shakes his spines out and pads off to go and find Exy.

As he walks up to his brother's room Xisuma huffs slightly and knocks.

"All fours today?" He asks surprised, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

"That's the problem," Xisuma explains, "I'm stuck walking like this," He shows how his legs have changed shape.

"Yeah, that's not good..." He mutters, "Breakfast?"

Xisuma nods.

As Exy gets the food ready Xisuma frowns.

"Uh, I don't think I can sit normally..." He gasps.

"Hey calm down," Exy jitters as he floats off the ground slightly.

Wrapping his tail around himself Xisuma shifts uncomfortably as the chair digs into his tail, "Yeah this isn't working."

Exy brings the food over and plops down on the floor, "Try this and we can figure something out later."

Xisuma frowns but attempts to find a way to sit that lets him use his hands and not be horribly uncomfortable. Not being able to find one he thumps his tail on the ground.

His communicator buzzes.

Keralis: Hey Xisuma, I messed up. Can you come

over

Xisuma sucks in a breath, "Looks like it wasn't just me who got changed again."

Xisuma: there are more problems.

Xisuma: I can't coem

Keralis: ok,

Xisuma: I'll send someone over.

Xisuma: beef. Could you head over to Keralis' base and he needs some help.

VintageBeef: sure thing I'll be right over,

Exy frowns as his brother drops his spoon again, "Maybe lean on a wall and drink it?"

Shrugging Xisuma gives it a shot, and it works, okay, "Are my hands weird looking?"

"Yeah, they look like they can move less and are more paw-like?"

"That's just great," Xisuma growls, "His spines bristle angrily. Taking a few breaths he pushes himself onto all fours and lays down on the couch.

______

An unfortunate thing the hermits realized when dealing with Xisuma was that he can't exactly hold things and walk anymore. Thankfully Stress made him a little bag so he can still have his totem on.

His armor was replaced and it fits again. They decided to increase counter space in the communal areas so it would be easier for him to stand at eye level with the others.

The watchers gave him gloves so his hands don't get cut up from walking on the uneven ground.

Most of the hermits will help him grab things from shops or have a smaller stock chest on the floor where he had less of a problem getting into them.

Stairs were an interesting challenge, going up was fine but down that was a challenge. He can stand up fine, which is good but waking like that isn't really possible.

When using his elytra he needs to drop off of one of Impulse's take-off spots, and roll when he hits the ground.

Holding items was a little tricky but letting his claws grow out did the trick so he can still build things and interact with his admin panels.