The Championship

It's been a few weeks since the meteor had affected Grian, he's sitting on the edge of his mansion swinging his legs softly as he looks over the jungle, his wings fluttering softly. His attention is drawn by the sound of rockets.

Iskall approaches him and gives him an offer, "You know how last month I went to that tournament?"

"Yeah, why?" Grian asks, smiling, puffing up his feathers slightly.

"Well, I'm supposed to invite someone and I thought you would be a good choice," Iskall says rubbing the back of their neck.

Grian hums softy for a moment, "I'll do it, it'll be a nice distraction."

Iskall grins softly, "I'll send you the information you need."

Grian nods as Iskall flies back to their omega tree and Vee and Echo. Once they're out of sight Grian smiles softly to himself as he preens his feathers, happy that he would have a distraction from the mad world they were in .

A couple of weeks have passed and it's time to start heading to the tournament. Ren, False, Cub, Iskall, and Grian are going. The five of them meet up with Xisuma in the shopping district who tells them to be careful and not to go crazy with their abilities, then he sends them off to go to the Championships.

Xisuma had gotten in contact with the admins from the championships back when False and Ren had been in it for the first time. He had explained everything that was happening on hermit craft and gave them every bit of information about the meteor that they could find.

The admins understandably were skeptical at first but at some point, they agreed to go and check it out. Once they see what the meteor has done they understand and allow for the others to join in, deciding that it would be unfair to not let them join for something out of their control.

Once they get there they split up into their respective teams. Cub, Ren, and False lead the way heading towards the check-in. Iskall pulls Grian along with him, the shorter hermit fluttering his wings trying to keep up.

After they've finished with check-in Grian looks up at Iskall, "So what now?"

"Well, I suppose we wait for it to start, our teammates will show up soon," Iskall says, still dragging Grian, over to a bench where they could talk in peace.

"Iskall?"

"Yeah?"

"They all know about this stuff right?" Grian asks motioning to his body. Tucking his wings as close to his body as possible.

"Yeah, Xisuma made sure that the admins here would tell everybody about your wings and such. They already know about Ren and my slime abilities."

Grian nods and looks around curiously at the others around them and spots some chaos happening a ways away. A pink-haired man with a scarlet cloak is chasing a man with a pink and white striped hat. Iskall follows Grian's line of vision and explains, "That's Philza and Techo. Techo's a PVP god, nice guy. Philza is a master of hardcore worlds, they're on the pink piglet team."

Grian nods and looks over at the chaos and freezes covering his mouth with his hands, his wings tucking in tightly to his sides, "Mini?" He whispers.

A teenager is running towards Techo and Philza as a man jogs after them. The man turns as his apparent teammate reaches his friends. He leans against a wall passively watching. He looks up suddenly and makes eye contact with Grian.

"Yeah that's Mini Muka, how do you know him?" Iskall looks confused at Grian's reaction.

Mini runs towards them grabbing Grian's shoulders and bringing him into a hug, "We thought you were gone."