Tails Of Power

Flaring his tails out Etho gickers as he attempts to scramble up the cliff side. His paws slip on the patch of gravel and he yelps.

"I gotcha," Iskall laughs, "There you are. Is that faster?"

Etho turns his head to the side for a moment thinking then shakes his head.

"Ok be careful buddy," Iskall murmurs.

....

A few days later the problems start happening. Iskall keeps tripping over the fox even though he's in the middle of the floor in plain sight.

"I swear I didn't see you," Iskall groans.

Gickering sharply Etho sneezes.

"Uh, Etho?" Iskall asks softly.

Etho chuffs.

"Dude you're invisible."

Popping back into sight Etho looks at his tails and pops out of sight.

"Oh no."

.....

"Hallo," Iskall waves as he walks into the shared kitchen.

Etho looks up from his food and waves.

"Is there anything else you can do?" Iskall hums, giving some plants to his slimes.

"I have illusions," He shrugs.

Narrowing his eyes Iskall grins, "Show me."

Shrugging Etho waves his hand and a chicken appears. Clucking it runs around until it walks off the ledge, where it puffs into smoke.

"Does it normally have smoke?"

"Uhh, no, that's new," Etho hums.

"Could it be the extra tail?" Iskall guesses.

"Ohhh yeah," Etho strokes the three fluffy limbs, "That's probably it."

"Is there anything else different about the illusions?" Iskall asks.

"I'm not sure," He yawns behind his mask.

Iskall hums as he drops some more food next to his slimes, "Cast another one?"

Nodding Etho causes a floating diamond to appear mid air.

Reaching out Iskall grabs it, "Welp," The ilusined gem is held safely in hand.

"Oh, that's useful," Etho grins before popping into fox form and running away.

"Oh no."