Phoenix Fire 4: The Fire birb is cold

"Tango it's a shop, people are supposed to come and go freely," Impulse says, face-palming as Tango glares defensively towards their concrete shop.

"I know, it's just annoying me," Tango growls tail flicking and wings flaring out slightly.

Impulse looks thoughtful at Tango for a moment, "This is probably because of you getting turned into a Phoenix."

Tango nods half shrugging in agreement, "I'm going home, call me when you're done."

"Will do, don't do anything stupid," Impulse calls behind as Tango takes off and flyes home.

Once Tango gets back to his base he falls face-first onto the glass observing platform in his attempts to try to fix some minor issues. Night is falling, and Zedaph, Xisuma, and Impulse would be arriving soon to discuss everything that had happened so far.

Xisuma's the first to arrive, EX is following behind him and leaves after he tells Tango to be done before midnight. Xisuma rolls his eyes, tail flicking gently in mock annoyance, saying, "He's such a Mother hen."

Tango smiles at this, "Well, Maybe if you slept he wouldn't get on your case so much."

Xisuma gasps in mock offense as Impulse enters, handing Tango a few diamonds that they had gained from the concrete store. A few minutes later Zedaph stumbles in a little bit covered in dirt from his mining attempt with beef.

"So, how did that go?" Impulse asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I got like two diamonds out of it so not horrible," Zedaph Shrugs as Tango walks over tail flicking and starts brushing the dirt off.

At this point since everyone is there Xisuma decides to start the discussion, he flips on a voice recorder and begins, "Ok so, Tango, can you explain what exactly has happened?"

Tango nods, his tail wrapping around his ankle, "Well, I have, like super awesome cartoon powers now. After that I started turning into a Phoenix, I got pointed ears, fangs, and little claws. I also grew wings and a tail."

Xisuma looks thoughtful for a moment before continuing, "And if you don't mind me asking, have there been any sort of mental changes?"

At this Tango's wings poof up a little and curl around him giving him an odd hug, "I've been getting really defensive over stuff like false came to our shop earlier and for some reason, I didn't like that she went in without permission? I know it shouldn't matter but that was bugging me."

"The new instincts and whatnot can be really annoying and confusing but you'll be fine. Everyone understands that the meteor affects everyone differently and can end up changing the way you function," Xisuma says as he stands up tail flicking his spines quivering from the movement, "I'll go ahead and add these to my notes and get started on what we're going to tell everyone once Doc gives the all-clear."

"Alright, take care," Zedaph says, waving at the rapidly disappearing figure.

Impulse looks at Tango then at Zedaph, "Welp, I'm going home, Night."

Zedaph shrugs yawning into his sleeve as he bids farewell to Tango and makes his way home.

Tango gives a wide toothy yawn as he makes his way into his bedroom. Even though they had taken the time and effort to make him a bed that would be suitable for wings, he couldn't sleep. It was like something was missing.

............

As the next few days pass Tango still feels as if something is not quite right, something nags in the back of his mind every time he passes by others bases. Eventually, he gives in to the instincts, it's a good thing he was by Doc's base when he did this otherwise he might have had some trouble before he could attempt to explain himself.