Hurting hermits 8: You've got to be kitten me

Yawing Cub crawls out from his blankets and sneezes. Opening his eyes he frowns, everything is too big... looking at himself he frowns. He's in his lion form but he's way too small for it to be normal.

Standing up he jumps off his bed and crashes to the floor. Mewing softly he scrambles to get a grip and skids into the door before huddling under the bed. Slowly his fur depuffs, and he tugs a blanket over himself.

He sits like that, huddled under his bed wrapped in blankets for what feels like hours. He normally doesn't like being in his lion form, but this time it feels oddly comfortable, regardless of the situation.

It normally feels squashed and kinda unpleasant, but this time is kind of ok. Sure he's terrified and frozen scared under the bed, but he feels warm. Yawning he makes a small mep sound.

A few minutes later a knock sounds at the door, "Cub? Are you in here?

Wiggling to his feet Cub pads over to the door and gives a small roar and paws at the door.

"Oh goodness," Mumbo mutters as he pushes the door open fully.

Cub purrs softly and curls around the robot's ankles.

Mumbo gasps, "I was going to ask if you could fix something but, are you ok?"

Placing his paws on Mumbo's leg, Cub mews softly.

"I'll take that as a no," Mumbo sits down and lets Cub climb onto his lap.

After a moment Cub shivers and darts back under the bed and pulls the blanket out with him.

Mumbo's eyes turn a soft blue, "I am cold now aren't I?"

Rubbing his head on Mumbo's arms he playfully nips at his sleeves.

Both are somewhat startled by Mumbo's communicator going off with a message from Scar.

GoodTimesWithScar: All hermits, shopping district.

GoodTimesWithScar: Ren's a wofl

Xisuma: oh dear

TangoTek: Impulse has a problem as well.

xBCrafted: I'm stuck in mer form.

MumboJumbo: Cub's... a cub

DocM77: what

MumboJumbo: He's acting like a lion

DocM77: Xb's Stuck, could you teleport us to the town hall.

A sinking feeling fills Cub, he's been hiding in his base as the other hermits are having problems. He feels awful about just leaving them and not helping. Jumping up he bolts for the nether portal

Mumbo rushes after him, "Cub come back over here, it's not safe."

Stopping, he pads up to the robot and blinks up at him.

Mumbo carefully picks him up and walks over to the nether portal.

After they get to the shopping district Mumbo sets him down and they walk into the room under the town hall.

Ren pads up to him and sniffs at him for a moment before nudging Cub onto the dog bed and laying down next to him.

Surprisingly Cub simply yawns and curls into Ren's soft fur. He falls asleep a few moments later.

Jumping onto Ren's back, Etho gickers and fans his tails out showing them off.

By the time he starts to wake up the meeting has started. Scrabbling forwards he jumps up to reach his seat. He doesn't quite reach the top of the couch and ends up falling down onto the soft carpet.

The hermits look down at him and Cub shrinks back slightly. False nods softly and beckons him over.

Etho pops up behind him, picks him up under his armpits, and holds him above his head, "Simba."

A few of the hermits laugh a little at that and not having much else to do in this situation, Cub bites down on Etho's hand, hard.

He is swiftly set onto the table as Etho shakes his hand, "sorry Cub."

Huffing Cub jumps onto his spot and curls up into a small ball.

"Ok," Xisuma continues on. As Cub fights to pay attention his mind drifts to Etho. Licking at his hand Etho waves when he notices the lion's gaze.

Tucking his ears under his paws, Cub curls into Stress's leg.

Idly she reaches down to scratch at his ears, "Wait," she gasps "The meteor, didn't e say Cub was just going to be a lion?"

The color drains from Xisuma's face, "The vex got in the way and with a magic boost like this... the meteor might have given him more of a lion-based mindset."

Etho nods, "He did bite me... that was fair but I didn't expect him to draw blood."

"He's not paying attention," Iskall chimes in, "Wait Is he asleep?"

"Oh my goodness he is," Grian giggles softly, "Ren, you want him back?"

_______

After almost a day Cub manages to turn back. He's still not too happy about being a lion. Especially since he was acting like one. He bit Etho...

After much trial and error, they find that he does actually need to shapeshift. The full moon squad takes him when they can, the amount of times that Ren has picked him up and scruffed him.

On the full moon, Ren's not fully in control, so sometimes he'll break off from the others and 'help' Cub move faster by picking him up. Whenever he sets Cub down Cub baps him with a paw.

He doesn't really mind it but it's a bit patronizing. He'd much prefer to simply pad around at his own pace.