Comfort Is found In Words And Actions Part2: Joe Hills- Vampire Edition

Standing frozen in his house Joe sighs. It's been weeks and he's still not used to this.

Fangs feel too big in his mouth.

The taste of blood coating his tongue. It feels wrong.

It's just wrong.

"Joe..." Xisuma walks over, "Did you put a dog on my roof?"

"Hmm?" Joe looks over at the admin, "Sorry what?"

"Did you put a dog on my roof?"

Joe grins, keeping his teeth tucked under his lips, not showing his fangs, "well. I don't think I did that... but I'd be more than happy to deal with this as your dog catcher."

Sitting next to him Xisuma thumps his tail and sighs, "How are you?"

"I'm, I'm alright," Joe shrugs. "It's been a lot to get used to. It just doesn't feel like me."

"Yeah."

"I can't see myself in the mirror. Bdubs dyed my hair green and I didn't notice. I miss being human, I didn't have to worry about getting caught out in the sun. Or having to control shapeshifting."

Xisuma nods. "Hopefully one day we'll be free of this."

"Hopefully." Joe sighs looking up at the night sky, "Is it strange that I can't imagine what life would be like without the meteor?"

"A little," Xisuma admits, "I think about it every day. How much more things could we have made. Would Python have stayed? The thoughts never leave me."

Joe stretches and yawns, his fangs flashing in the moon line, "I simply can't see it. I miss what we once were, but this is what we are now."

"I suppose," Xisuma sighs, "I would love to be normal again. Jevin's the only one I can touch without hurting, It's lonely."

"Yeah."