Comfort Is found In Words And Actions Part2: False

Walking into a meeting shouldn't be this stressful. But it is. The first full hermit meeting since she's been affected. Everyone's there.

And she can see everyone's transformations. Beef laying on the table exhausted. Grian shuffinling in his chair trying to not pinch his feathers. Ren's ears laying flicked back on his head as he wraps his tail; he got excited and slammed his tail into one of Xisuma's spikes. Evil Xisuma laying on the ceiling.

All her friends, her family were hurt so much worse than she was.

They were turned in, monsters, and what, she gets superpowers. It feels bad.

No other way to put it. The guilt starting to eat away in her chest. What did she do to get off this easily? Sure she's broken a few things just by grabbing them. But comparing that to having to relearn to walk. It's not that much of a problem.

____

"False?" Joe puts a hand on her shoulder, "The meeting's over... are you alright?"

Shaking her head, False snaps her attention to Joe, "What?"

"The meeting ended like ten minutes ago, and you hadn't moved." He pulls a chair out and sits next to her.

"Oh, i hadn't realized..."

"You want to talk about it?"

False shrugs, "Ugh, it's dumb."

"It's probably not."

"Ok, why did I get off so easily?" She lets her head fall into her arms folded on the table, "I get strength, night vision and shapeshifting. And you can't go into the sun. What did I do to not get transformed."

Joe leans back, "You know how I talked to him a few months back?"

"Yeah?"

"He wants us to fight. He wants to stir up arguments and discourse."

"He's using me." False says flatly.

"Yeah."

"I-" She frowns, "I hate this..."

Joe nods.

"Its the strength... I cant... I cant fully control it... and I don't know if I can trust myself to touch you guys."

Joe grins, his fangs flashing slightly, "Do you want a hug?"

"Yeah."