True Differences

"Hey Cleo," Jevin waves as he walks into the tavern by Cleo and Joe's castle.

"Hey Jev, what can I do for you?"

Jevin shudders slightly, "I wanted to ask you something, Um, have you noticed that Joe's been acting differently lately?"

Cleo falls still, aside from her tapping her wooden fingers on the desk, "I've noticed."

"What have you noticed?" Joe whistles as he teleports into the armchair across the room.

"Gah!" Cleo yelps as she chucks a loaf of bread at Joe, "Don't Do That."

Laughing, Joe grins, "So what do you want to know?"

Jevin speaks up first, "When you talk it's different, you don't move your mouth as much, and in your, uh original?... form you don't move at all."

"Well, that's because my true form has more magical ways of communication," Joe grins, "it projects my words..."

"Helps add to the creepy factor," Cleo adds.

"That too," Joe chitters.

"Oh, and you keep making those chitters and chirps."

Joe laughs nervously, "oh, i didn't realize i was doing it... it nomalty only happens in my true form."

________

Wincing at the click of the dispenser Joe flicks his ears around.

"You alright there?" Wels calls over.

"Im ok..."

"Yeah, i don't really believe that," Wels smiles softly, "Come over here?"

Sighing softly Joe returns to human and paces next to Wels.

"What's up?"

"My true form has better, senses... it's throwing me off," Joe admits slowly.

Wels nods, "That's understandable."

______

Cleo watches as Joe stalks past in his true form, he's clearly agitated about something but she's not quite sure what.

It's pretty easy to get a read on how he's feeling. He always has some sort of particle effect swirling around his head, not any effects that normally show up either. These are new... or old, really old.

________

It's during a hermit meeting when Grian brushes against Joe, "Joe... you have fur?"

Joe pops back into human form, "Yes..."

"it's so soft..." Grian gasps.

Nodding Joe laughs.

_________

Yawning Joe flicks his tails around himself, settling down he watches as the sun sets and the stars come out.

The stars serve as a reminder to keep going that he'll be ok. The hermits, his friends, his Family, will be safe.

The stars have always been there and always will be there. In all his time they have hardly changed.