Breaking Bedrock 1: It's off to a rocky start.

"Impulse hurry up!" Tango shouts as he hovers a few feet off the ground.

"Not all of us have wings," He calls back as he runs towards where Tango is.

Tango just shrugs, "I think he's over here."

"Probably, it's like the one place here we haven't checked."

Grinning Tango carefully sneaks up and jumps around the corner. Zedaph is in fact there and he lets out a startled bleat, he flicks invisible for a few seconds before popping back into the visible spectrum.

"Ha! We found you."

Zedaph sticks out his tongue and walks over to Impulse. His hooves clicking on the shopping district roads, "So what now?"

"I have a few more bedrock orders so I need to go. You guys can come if you want," Impulse explains as the trio start walking towards a nether portal.

Tango and Zedaph look over at each other and nod, "That'll be interesting."

As they step into the portal the communicators beep with an incoming alert from Doc, it reads.

DocM77: The meteor has activated so be careful.

"Oh, that's not good, remember what Cub said?" Tango asks as he bounces around in the temporary nether hub.

Zedaph shakes his head no, "I don't think I heard that bit."

"Right... Doc hissed and spooked Beef which made you panic as well. Anyway, Cub was saying how the meteor knows we know what it is. So it's planning on making some of the next people affected have really weird stuff happen," Impulse explains as he climbs up the ladder to the nether roof.

As they stand on the roof as Impulse double checks coordinate Zedaph huddles closer to Tango; The nether is still a bit frightening. Impulse walks towards the spot he's set to break and sets down a shulker box, "And now, we just stand here and mine this block for like five hours," he jokes and mockingly starts mining the block.

"Hey, Um! Impulse, It's actually cracking!" Tango yells drawing his attention down at the unbreakable rock.

"Hm, might just be a new feature with the update," Impulse murmurs, as he continues to mine the block. After what feels like an eternity; it took like a minute. The block breaks and Impulse is left holding a piece of bedrock.

"Woh, that's crazy," Zedaph breathes as he carefully taps the stone in Impulse's hands.

Tango leans in tail wagging excitedly, "That's epic."

As they continue to talk the communicators' buzz once again with a message from Doc.

DocM77: it has really weird particles.

DocM77: it looks like tiny flakes of bedrock.

Impulse drops the piece of bedrock and looks at Tango frantically, "Try to mine it."

Eyes wide Tangos pulls out his pick and starts mining the rock. Nothing happens.

"This is bad," Zedaph bleats, "Impulse, your face..."

"What is it?"

"You've got some patches of... bedrock," Tango whispers, "By your jaw and under your eye."

Impulse carefully reaches up to his face, the patches are smooth and have sharp edges that appear to be scattered around. Looking down his right arm there are a few more patches one on his wrist, bicep, and a huge one covering both his shoulders. On his left arm, he has a large patch around his elbow, one the back of his hand and scattered patches on his forearm.