Flying Feathers 1: So, I Was Completely Wrong.

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, birds chirping, but the atmosphere is incredibly tense. The meteor doesn't appear to follow a schedule but it is fairly consistent in the amount of time between each person being affected. This time however it's almost two weeks later than normal.

Everyone who hasn't been affected uses the buddy system when going exploring or mining and Doc has been locked away in the meteor's observation room waiting and watching. Despite the rather tense atmosphere life continues as normal.

Grian is rummaging through his starter bases chests looking for bits of sand and gravel. Eventually, he finds some, and as he leaves he opens one last chest. Inside he finds a bunch of seeds. Not really knowing why he plucks them up and shoves them into his pocket. After he finishes up with making the concrete he decides to go and see what Mumbo is doing.

As he gets to Mumbo's base he opens his elytra and spams rockets, once he's up in the air he looks around for Mumbo. A few moments later he spots him. Closing his elytra he free falls before snapping them open and landing gracefully next to him, "Hey Mumbo, what are you doing?"

Mumbo looks up and waves, "I'm trying to finish the tower."

"It looks amazing," Grian says looking down at something on the grass leaning down and plucking it off the ground.

Mumbo looks over at Grian wondering what he was doing before continuing, "Thank you."

The pair continue talking until both of their communicators start beeping. They look over at each other with exasperated looks before pulling the communicators out to look at the message.

As they expected the message is an automated alert from the System monitoring the meteor. Mumbo looks over at Grian a bit concerned, "Do you think you're affected?"

Grian looks down at his arms sticking them out in front of himself, "I don't think so, nothing feels off."

"If something happens call me, ok?" Mumbo asks, grabbing Grian's shoulder with a concerned expression on his face.

"I will don't worry. It's probably not going to get me today," Grian jokes as he gets ready to fly off.

"Don't tempt fate," Mumbo warns as he checks on his torch.

"Yeah, Yeah, I'll see you later,"

As Grian flys off Doc sends a private message to Mumbo and Scar it reads, "It's shedding feathers, Grian is the only one I can think of that would get that, keep an eye on him for the time being would you?" Scar and Mumbo respond saying that they will and that they would keep Doc updated.

Once Grian reaches his base he reaches into his pockets and pulls out a handful of seeds. He considers what to do with them before deciding that he's going to put them into a furnace to cook them and eat them later.

Looking out the window he sees the sun start to set. Deciding to wait until morning to do more work on his base, he settles in for the night.

.........

The next morning he prepares to get some work done on the walls of his mansion. He rushes around his base collecting supplies. Once he has enough to start working he puts them all into conveniently placed chests and begins to work.

At about noon Grian's communicator pings with a message from Scar. As he reads the message Grian grins and flyes over to where Scar is waiting.

"So, I heard you need a lot of TNT," Grian grins as he lands on the wall that Scar has made.

Scar jumps up and flies over to where Grian is standing," Thank you."

"I'll blow anything up for one diamond."