It Takes Two To Tango 2: The Attic

Bleating sharply Zed sits up, "Oh my," He looks down at his body... "Uhh, what."

"Zed?" Impulse shakes his head, "I- What happened to you?"

"What happened to you?" Zed bleats jumping to his hooves.

Looking at his hands, Impulse frowns. He's some kind of rag doll. Simply constructed, very soft, and a little bit floppy.

Walking over Zed frowns, "This is weird..." He's a plastic sheep that has a worm man costume painted on.

Helping Impulse stand, Zed frowns, "Was this the meteor?" He murmurs.

A small glowing orb pops into existence, "It was not the meteor."

"Joe," Zedaph bleats, "You did this?"

"Well, yes but no... Tango was so distraught over you two not interacting with him or showing up when he's a kid without him asking, that his magic; which is really interesting with all the cartoon stuff. He almost turned you two into children. And that could have been permanent. So I redirected the magic. To get back to normal, all you two need to do is try to understand him."

"Ok we'll go talk to him..." Impulse sighs, "Can we go back now?"

"Nope," Joe clicks, "You need to get all the way into his brain."

Zedaph pulls a face.

"Metaphorically," Joe dead pans, "Welp, good luck, bye."

"What now?" Zed bleats.

Impulse shrugs, "Where even are we?"

"Uh, I think this is the attic of the Copper shop," Impulse murmurs.

"Yeah, look at all the stock."

"So we probably need to get down to the basement," Zedaph murmurs.

They slowly pick their way onto the floor.

"We really are tiny," Impulse sighs, "It's hard to move."

"It gets easier the more you do it."

"Yeah," Impulse sighs, "It's so weird, I was all stiff and hard and now everything's all soft and floppy."

"Ohh yeah," Zedaph gasps, "That must be weird."

Sitting down, Impulse looks up at the copper filled barrels. After a few minutes of rest they head down to try and brave the stairs.

It's easier than expected but still takes about thirty minutes.

Walking down into the candle shop they move some of the candles around and manage to open the door.

Slowly they pick their way down more stairs and get out to the grass around his base. Looping around the side they look at the large iron door.

"Welp," Zedaph sighs, "How do we do this."

"We could try to move the shovel onto the button..." Impulse sighs, "Not sure how..."

Zed runs at the shovel at full speed. Hitting it sideways onto the edge of the button. Opening the door just enough to slip inside.

A few blankets and plushies are scattered across the floor. One door is open at the end of the hall.