Fluffy Ears And Tails 2: Things Get A Bit Baaad

It's a few days later when the next issue shows up. Zedaph is outside in his garden. He's noticed that he's been spending more time there than usual. He's finished the greenhouse dome and is sitting by his pond picking at the grass. He's completely zoned out just thinking, which is probably why he didn't notice he was eating the grass until his ear flicks hitting him in the face. Realizing what happened he flushed pink in embarrassment.

Seeing the sun start to set he hurries inside stumbling a bit to get indoors still not fully used to walking. Once he's in his bedroom he flops down face-first onto his bed and falls asleep.

The next morning he heads over to the shopping district to get some stuff that he needs. On his way over he bumped into Tango and Impulse who are headed for a boomer meeting. The treo agree to meet after the meeting just to hang out for a bit.

Since the meteor was still active Zedaph had some form of accompaniment most of the time, and since the shopping district was so popular and almost always had someone or another there he was permitted to go where he wants to without someone being there. As he rushes around getting his shopping done and checking his shop, Beef lands nearby and starts adding things to and checking the profits of his shop.

The two chat for a bit just talking about whatever comes to mind, they play a few rounds of the Bone Zone and have a lengthy discussion about wool. Beef bringing up how they might have to shear some of Zedaph's wool off at some point if it gets too long. Zedaph shakes his head at this laughing as Beef bids farewell and starts walking away towards the Lama shop.

Zedaph turns to start heading over to the boomer place before he instead follows Beef to his shop.

"Um, is everything ok?" Beef asks, a bit confused at the sudden reappearance of Zedaph.

Zedaph blinks confused for a moment before shaking his head and shrugging, "I don't know, I just started walking after you?"

Beef looks at Zedaph thoughtfully for a moment before nodding and walking off. Zedaph follows behind trailing a few feet behind. Beef stops and turns to Zedaph, "I think it's a sheep thing."

Zedaph nods Rolling his eyes, "Of course it is. Ok I'm going to head over to the boomers now, don't move until I'm around the corner."

Beef complies leaning against the wall of the Record shop not moving as Zedaph hurries over to the Boomers.

A few minutes later Beefs communicator pings with a message from Zedaph saying it had worked. Beef gives a small smile and then activates his elytra and flies back to his base.

As Zedaph waits for the Boomers meeting to finish up he sits on a patch of grass. As he waits he unconsciously starts picking at it and ends putting some of the grass in his mouth. As he waits he ends up falling asleep. By the time Tango and Impulse finish their meeting it's well into the night and Zedaph is being gently shaken awake by Impulse.

"Come on, it's time to go home," Impulse says, helping Zedaph to his feet.

As the three make the journey back to their bases Zedaph tells them what had happened with Beef and him eating grass. They decide to have Xisuma come over to explain what's happening so he could get the notes he needs. They message him and he agrees to meet them tomorrow in the cave of contraptions.

..........

The next morning Zedaph gets up and starts doing all the mundane things that he has to do every day. Take care of the garden. Feed the animals. Stuff like that.

He's almost finished with his chores when one of his cows starts pushing him with its head. Mooing softly it pushes Zedaph into a corner near the pond. Where a few minutes later Tango finds him, petting the cow's head.

"How are you doing?" Tango asks as he lands on the glass roof of the greenhouse.

Zedaph looks up and grins at Tango, he coaxes the cow to let him go and leaves the greenhouse. his tail twitching in happiness at seeing his friend, "Not to Baaaaad-" At this, he slams his hand over his mouth and looks up at Tango shock filling his eyes and his cheeks flushing bright red.

At seeing his friends panic, Tango fluffs his wings up and ushers Zedaph inside where Impulse is waiting. Seeing Zedaph's face and Tango's wings he runs over, "Are you two all right? Did something happen?"

Tango looks over at Zedaph Who gives a slight nod, before answering, "Zed bleated."

Impulse looks a bit taken aback at this and looks over at Zedaph who was recovered from his embarrassment, "Really? That's kinda cool."

"I know it is but still, I'm sounding like a baaarnyard animal," Zedaph complains pouting. His ears had flattened themselves against his head and his tail was swishing slowly.

"Well, Xisuma's going to get here in a few minutes. Do you want to test some words?" Impulse suggests pulling Zedaph and Tango over to the Storage system.

Once over there the three make a list of words that start with Ba and use the ah sound. About five minutes after they start doing this Xisuma shows up. At first he's understandably confused but once they explain the situation he's happy to help.

"So," Xisuma starts as the others sit down, "Zedaph has been turned into a sheep?"

Zedaph looks at Xisuma and flicks his ears in mock annoyance at the fairly obvious question, "Yep."

Xisuma nods and pulls out the notebook he's been Recording everything that's happened to people in, "Can you explain to me exactly what's happened so far?"

"Um, sure," Zedaph starts as he explains everything that had happened. The ears, the tail, following people around, the baaaing. As he nearest the end of his explanation something Xisuma said catches his attention, "What do you mean so far?"

"Oh, well it's how Doc keeps an eye on the meteor. Whenever someone gets affected the meteor sends out a signal and some sort of particle. If it's like what happened to Tango or Keralis it'll have multiple kinds of particles. For you it had little fluffy bits coming off it and it has swirling black mist around the base," Xisuma elaborates, his tail twitching against the cold stone floor. Xisuma bids farewell to the others and stands closing his notebook with a quiet snap.