Falling

"Impulse," Tango grins as he lands next to his friend, "We should try the water bucket thing with Zed."

"But- you'd have to do it perfectly on the first try..."

"Eh, it'll be easy." Tango shrugs, "No real risk."

Deciding that trying to argue Tango on this will get him nowhere, Impulse joins him by the bedrock jump, "Fine, but bring your bag just in case."

Rolling his eyes, Tango compiles and they head over to the jumping area.

Tango Tek Fell From A High Place

ImpulseSV: told you

ImpulseSV: you need me to come up there?

Tango Tek: It's ok...

A moment later Tango splashes down into the drop pool and looks up at Impulse with an awkward smile, "You were right..."

"You want to go to my base, or yours?"

"Mine." Tango yawns and stretches his wings out, "it's warmer."

"Ok."

Once back in his base Tango shuffles into his room. He feels his face flush in embarrassment. He didn't think this though. He hadn't forgotten, but he wasn't thinking of the consequences if he failed.

Hiding his face in his wings he gets dressed then comes back out into the main area.

Impulse is still there and is doing something in the kitchen.

Too tired to care, Tango flops down on a bench by the table and spreads his wings across the table.

After they've eaten, they spend a few hours watching T.V then they head to sleep.

It's the middle of the night when Tango wakes up, and the first thing he registers is the cold. Shivering he crawls out of bed to dig around in his chests for more blankets. He finds them easily and brings them back over to his bed.

Falling back asleep he curls into a ball.

When he wakes Impulse is crouching by his bed with concern written over his face.

"Wat?"

"You feel ok?" Impulse asks, "You don't look too good."

Tango thinks about it for a moment then shakes his head, "Yeah, i don't feel great..."

Impulse frowns, "I hope you're not sick."

Shuddering Tango nods, "That would suck."

As it turns out he was in fact a little bit sick. Nothing too bad, but he was absolutely miserable the entire time. Impulse and Zedaph hung out with him, and at least one hermit slept over at night in case he needed help.

Thankfully the illness didn't impact him growing up, so he returns to normal fairly quickly.