Flying Feathers 3: And Now Wings!

If it's even possible Grian has gotten even better at flying. With his tail feathers, he can do things that would be impossible only using elytra.

He is currently on his way to the Shopping District, Xisuma has won Tag Two: Electric Boogaloo. It was Grian's job to take down the podium and to fill in the signup hole. As he finishes up with that he decides to go and check the barge.

As he starts collecting the profits TFC walks in and starts looking at some of the stock.

Grian welcomes him to his shop and the two start talking a bit. Grian finishes up collecting the profits and shoves the diamonds into the barrel he stores them in.

TFC hands Grian a few diamonds as he makes his purchases, "Thanks."

"It's not a problem," Grian says, hopping up onto the barrel.

TFC nods and heads for the door.

Grian waves as he leaves before turning to the wooden post in the middle of the barge. He grabs it wrapping his foot around it. He jumps up and clings on with his talons. He smiles as he clambers up to the rafters.

He settles himself in a corner, watching people come and go. After a while his communicator buzzes. Looking down he sees a message from Mumbo. It reads, "Where are you?"

As he answers he puffs up his tail feathers a bit as it is becoming night. "I'm at my shop, why?"

"Just checking, Iskall went full parent mode. They went over and couldn't find you."

"Oh, tell them sorry," Grian messages, he's still crouched in the rafters. He sets his Communicator down next to him and decides to head home. He checks his Elytra and grabs his communicator with his talons, flying off through his nether portal.

As he reaches his base he stretches and grabs his communicator letting Iskall know that he's at his house.

As Grian gets ready for bed he stretches, his back pooping several times. He climbs into his beds and falls asleep.

The next morning he wakes up with his back throbbing in pain. Groaning he reaches over and snags his communicator off the table. He calls Scar asking him to come over immediately.

A few minutes later Scar shows up and flies into Grian's room, "What's happened?"

Grian looks up at Scar, "Don't know my back hurts."

"Can you take off your shirt? I need to see your back," Scar requests, landing on Grian's bedsides table.

Grian nods softly and takes off his pajama shirt showing Scar his back.

"Wings," Scar says simply, "Looks like how mine did when they started growing," He pats the bone-like structures, "Do you want me to go ask Stress for some pain killers?"

"Yes please," Grian whispers, running his fingers through his tail feathers.

As Scar flies off to Stresses base he calls Mumbo and Iskall to come over to Grian's base.

By the time everyone gets there Grian is sleeping again. They look at each other before deciding to let him sleep. As they talk in hushed voices they see two little lumps form on Grian's back. Over the course of a few hours, the lumps turn into tiny little baby wings.

Meaning there completely bald, with pale flesh covering them. At some point, Grian wakes up, before learning what's happening and collapses back into his pillow. He's doing considerably better once Scar gives him the pain killer. So while his wings grow in he's talking to his friends.